Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Greatest I am
Diet: Vegan

Post by Greatest I am »

Taxation determines what poverty levels will exist within it’s demographic form. It controls the graph shown below. Governments control taxation and thus control poverty levels directly.
Imagine if you will, the real truth of that taxation, if used correctly, to move the wealth shown in this graph wherever it wants to, with minimal effect on the whole. The fact is, experts say that such a reality would be a win win for everyone.
https://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-am ... ing-fact-2
Not how little of a change would be needed to reach the ideal.
Wise and moral people throughout history, as well as most religious movements, put poverty as the number one enemy to man’s first priority, which is security.
For perhaps the first time in history, we have the wealth where we could end poverty quite easily, --- just with our collective loose change.
It would seem to me that governments are not acting ethically and should be chastised.
I guess that George Carlin, a wise person, was correct in what he said of what Americans cannot feel in their anal orifices. I apply the same condition to the vast majority of the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY
If true that we are being willfully ignorant, and do not even care about each other to insure we live in a moral environment, then our owners have succeeded in cowering man’s moral nature to a state of subservience. We have given up our freedom. If we ever had any.
We have all accepted to be slaves. Shame on us all.
We do not live in a Democracy. We live in a Hypocrisy.
We can easily rid ourselves of poverty.
Should we?
Morality says yes.
Will we do the right thing?
Not till hell freezes over.
Regards
DL
cornivore

Re: Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Post by cornivore »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pmThe fact is, experts say that such a reality would be a win win for everyone.
Call me a devil's advocate for asking, but what does winning have to do with morality (does this mean that losing is immoral)? Isn't a representative democracy based on a win/lose paradigm? Is it moral to put morality in terms of winning and losing, or is that democratic? Why is a moral victory defined as an apparent defeat..., does this mean it is an oxymoron, or cannot be a win win for everyone?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

cornivore wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:33 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pmThe fact is, experts say that such a reality would be a win win for everyone.
Call me a devil's advocate for asking, but what does winning have to do with morality (does this mean that losing is immoral)?
Both winning and losing have good and evil sides.

Winning at economics and then imposing poverty that reduces the life expectancy to the general population, is evil and immoral.

Note how the death age stats in the U.S. are going the wrong way compared top the rest of the world.

That means that your oligarch owners are going too far in their imposition of poverty.

Regards
DL
cornivore

Post by cornivore »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:44 pm Note how the death age stats in the U.S. are going the wrong way compared top the rest of the world.
Could be a problem of gluttony, that would be ironic.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

cornivore wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:19 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:44 pm Note how the death age stats in the U.S. are going the wrong way compared top the rest of the world.
Could be a problem of gluttony, that would be ironic.
Find and watch the documentary, ---- What The Health, and have your eyes opened to how your own government is intentionally killing Americans with their offered diet and eco destroying policies.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=what+the+ ... 622a1db62c

Regards
DL