Is this man telling a lot of truth about our world??? (YouTube Video)

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Newsbeat3
Diet: Vegetarian

Is this man telling a lot of truth about our world??? (YouTube Video)

Post by Newsbeat3 »

As the saying goes, "Money makes the world go round". But how true and how deep is this truth? An interesting question I think.

For example, this man might be telling a lot of truth about our political and our economic systems. This is a YouTube link of him at a protest below:

https://youtu.be/ciO1pLeWZyY

Another thing, I also I found out this man is part of a movement called the Zeitgeist Movement. And I also found a very interesting film made by the founder of this movement. Here's the film. It's called Zeitgeist Moving Forward 2011 (25 million views already). It is really worth watching:

https://youtu.be/4Z9WVZddH9w
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Is this man telling a lot of truth about our world??? (YouTube Video)

Post by Red »

I do agree that a lot of environmental harm is caused by irresponsible capitalism.

This movement definitely has good intentions, but I'm not sure if their method of activism is very effective. What is their stance on Nuclear Energy?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Newsbeat3
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Newsbeat3 »

Well, no idea lol. I still learning more about this interesting movement.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Post by Red »

Newsbeat3 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:02 pm Well, no idea lol. I still learning more about this interesting movement.
Environmentalism is probably the most important cause we have today (aside from veganism of course). Millions of lives are on the line if we don't do something about it soon.

Speaking of causes, I'm not sure if you can be an environmentalist and not be vegan or at least vegetarian, since the two basically go hand in hand with each other.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci