Should The Senate Be Abolished?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Re: Should The Senate Be Abolished?

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:48 am

@Jebus

Karl Pilkington would put you in your place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOcwK3GhkkU
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:44 pm

@Jebus

Red and I have already demolished the crux of your argument so why don't you sit your ass down?
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:32 am

Bob, take a telegram. "To @Jebus, Sennet Studios, Hollywood, California. Congrats stop. Have found only person in world more afraid to have a proper debate than you stop. Name: Wildfire stop. Signed, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz stop". Oh, and put a P.S.: "Please, please, please... stop."
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1819
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:08 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan

Post by Jebus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:55 am

@Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I won't be replying to anymore of your posts. Your history on this forum of lying, making up fake identities, sending me bizarre PMs combined with the stupidity of your comments makes me suspect that you are just trolling.

However, if anyone else following this thread (other than Red) think that Zzzz had a good point or question to which I have not already responded, please let me know and I will reply.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.

sykkelmannen
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:17 am
Diet: Freegan

Post by sykkelmannen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:17 am

Zzzzz trolling? Unpossible :D

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 am

Jebus wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:55 am
@Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I won't be replying to anymore of your posts.
You never replied to any of my posts to begin with so why should I care?
Your history on this forum of lying, making up fake identities,
I have about as much of a history of doing that as I have of sending you PMs telling you to fuck off which I then delete in order to play the victim.
sending me bizarre PMs
I sent you bizarre PMs? Woah unto me! Sending somebody bizarre PMs is worse than the Holocaust, 9/11 and the Cambodian Genocide combined!!
combined with the stupidity of your comments
As opposed to very sensible comments such as this:
Jebus wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:26 am
LOL. I just noticed you sent me a pm a few hours before you posted your reply here. I don't know what you wrote as you deleted it before I had a chance to read it. My guess is you told me to fuck off but then later decided to play the victim game instead.
And this:
Jebus wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:04 am
I'm at least 30 years older than you so it would be strange otherwise.
And this:
Jebus wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:33 am
Red wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:24 pm
You're never this much of an asshole Jebus, I'm surprised.
LOL
makes me suspect that you are just trolling.
You've never even explained how my comments are meant to be "stupid" and yet I'm the troll? Whatever. I don't care what you "suspect". I "suspect" that you have never read a single book in your life.
However, if anyone else following this thread (other than Red) think that Zzzz had a good point or question to which I have not already responded, please let me know and I will reply.
@PsYcHo Please tell him to respond to this:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:17 am
Well, since Jebus deleted my earlier posts due to the images being too big, I'll reiterate my points once more:
Jebus wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:21 am
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:09 am
@Jebus Do you want the United States to become a semi-presidential republic or to have no president at all?
Semi-presidential is better than its current form but I would prefer no president at all.
You have not made a single point in favour of having no President at all. In fact, you have praised European countries, many of which are semi-presidential republics. Can you give one example of a successful country with no president at all? I'll wait. The only ones I can think of are constitutional monarchies, and I doubt that you really think that that is any better (unless you do).
Jebus wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:55 am
We are both being dicks. The difference is that I am being a dick with some good arguments.
Yes, arguments so good that you don't want to demostrate them. Both Red and I have responded to your points, and you have clearly been online, yet we have heard no response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD_HuA9pbE

It's almost as if your arguments are actually piss poor.

Finally, an image I uploaded of Winston Churchill with the caption "Tell Hitler his Coolmath-Games subscription expires in 2 days" was removed. I shan't upload the image again lest it lead to this post being taken down, but this image was a small one, and the fact that the post was removed demonstrates to me that this was not actually about images being too big.

You could make the argument that this image did not further the discussion, and you'd be right. But then again, this doesn't further the discussion either:
Jebus wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:26 am
LOL. I just noticed you sent me a pm a few hours before you posted your reply here. I don't know what you wrote as you deleted it before I had a chance to read it. My guess is you told me to fuck off but then later decided to play the victim game instead.
I look forward to hearing your response (or lack thereof)!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 am

sykkelmannen wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:17 am
Zzzzz trolling? Unpossible :D
I must be a troll because I say such crazy shit like "The moon landing actually happened" and "It probably isn't a good idea to leave a country without a head of state".
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:53 pm

@Jebus

This image is tiny so if you delete it you are crazy ahahha love you
Attachments
6f6.jpg
6f6.jpg (11.73 KiB) Viewed 946 times
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: UK

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 am

Red has made it knowledge to me that I have been blocked by the certifiably insane Jebus. As a result of that, this will probably be my last post on this topic, although I can't promise anything.

I wish to clarify my thoughts on Jebus's idea that we should abolish the Presidency. I think I've made my thoughts on this clear enough, however, Jebus appears to disagree as he has claimed that nearly all of my points either make little sense or have already been responded to. The opinion of an unhinged lunatic ought not to concern me, but my repeated interactions with him where he has insulted me, made comically fragile arguments and hurled conspiratorial accusations at me have severely damaged my own sanity to the point where I feel I must use what I have left of it to reiterate my points so as not to leave my dear readers in confusion.

Jebus's belief that a wide power base is better than a small one is one which I am wholly in sympathy with. However, he gives no reason as to why abolishing the U.S. Presidency in its entirety would be a better alternative to transitioning it towards a semi-presidential republic. His claims that the President holds too much power even in these scenarios holds little weight as it is debatable as to whether this is true even for a presidential republic such as the United States. For example, when Barack Obama was President, he faced many criticisms for failing on his promise to close Guantanamo Bay. Obama's critics appear to be making the same mistake as Jebus is as they fail to understand that the President is not an omnipotent lawmaker, and in this case he was held back by a Republican-dominated congress.

Now, Red has made it clear that he will respond to Jebus's other post, and I look forward to reading his response. Red clearly has a very firm understanding of the way the U.S. Presidency works, certainly a much better understanding than Jebus (although that isn't saying much as I think that the only person on planet Earth with a poorer understanding of the U.S. Presidency than Jebus would be President Donald Trump himself). However, I think his response won't be necessary. Jebus has already rebutted himself. He made his cognitive dissonance clear in his first response to me where he claimed that the presidency being a force for good is irrelevant unless it is unique to the presidency, however, does not think that the presidency being a force for bad (such as in the Vietnam War) is irrelevant even if it is not unique to the presidency. He further demonstrated proof (if it was necessary) that he was of unsound mind and mentally incapable of a civilised debate when he made the ridiculous assertion that I send him a PM to fuck off and then deleted it in order to play the victim.

I have no hatred towards Jebus. I share his belief that there needs to be a radical reformation of the United States government. However, his idea that the presidency should be abolished is flawed. This on its own would not be so bad, if it were not for the ridiculous statements that he has put forward in defence of this belief and his appalling rudeness. These on their own are proof that he is crazy and does not belong on an internet debate forum but in an asylum to cure him of his madness. That said, I am sure he is a good and moral person.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:24 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 am

@PsYcHo Please tell him to respond to this:
I refuse to tell anyone to do something. I'll ask them to do so, however.

But I don't recall reading this thread (my work takes me away for several months at times), so why am I telling someone to respond to this? :?:
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests