Should The Senate Be Abolished?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Re: Should The Senate Be Abolished?

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

PsYcHo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 pm
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 am
@PsYcHo Please tell him to respond to this:
I refuse to tell anyone to do something. I'll ask them to do so, however.

But I don't recall reading this thread (my work takes me away for several months at times), so why am I telling someone to respond to this? :?:
I forgot. Don't bother because he said only if you are actively reading it.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

@PsYcHo

I think I must have thought for some reason that you had been reading the thread.

I think it's a mistake to try to tell a libertarian to do anything so I suggest you to read through what I put, see if you agree with me, and if so, get Jebus to respond. If you don't agree with me, I would prefer to hear a response from you since you are far more rational than he is.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Post by Red »

I keep forgetting to respond to this, so I’m just gonna make a post explaining my position.

There’s a significant difference between advocating for a state that has a President or Semi-President, and advocating for a state that has no President whatsoever. The former (President, Semi-President) are systems that have been proven to work, having someone be the head of state/government (or having one person for each), but you have yet to prove that your system of having no President (not even a Semi-President) would be better, and you’ve yet to show that such a system would even work. Now, if we were to discuss which type of executive government would be better (President/Prime Minister, etc.), that’d be different. But you've stated that we’d be better off with no executive authority. Why? Maybe the office of President of the United States is too powerful (which may or may not be true). So, why not keep it and improve it, rather than get rid of it all together?

What’re your thoughts on the Supreme Court? Do you think that’s too powerful?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 am @PsYcHo

I think I must have thought for some reason that you had been reading the thread.
That's why I try to think as little as possible.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 am I think it's a mistake to try to tell a libertarian to do anything
Damn right.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 am so I suggest you to read through what I put, see if you agree with me, and if so, get Jebus to respond. If you don't agree with me, I would prefer to hear a response from you since you are far more rational than he is.
dammit.....

I still haven't read the thread, but based on the the title, yes, the Senate should be abolished. And the rest of Congress.

Put the main points in a condensed version and if I have time soon I'll respond, and if I think it's worth bothering Jebus for maybe I'll message him.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Jebus wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:55 am However, if anyone else following this thread (other than Red) think that Zzzz had a good point or question to which I have not already responded, please let me know and I will reply.
I notice something very sinister in this comment. Jebus, when he wrote this, had no reason to believe that there is anybody else following this thread other than himself, me or Red. I don't think that there is anybody reading the thread other than us three and (now) PsYcHo. If I'm wrong, then you other people can prove that by showing yourselves. However, I think Jebus has accomplished a very successful cop-out where he can avoid responding to my points.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:48 pm I notice something very sinister in this comment. Jebus, when he wrote this, had no reason to believe that there is anybody else following this thread other than himself, me or Red. I don't think that there is anybody reading the thread other than us three and (now) PsYcHo. If I'm wrong, then you other people can prove that by showing yourselves. However, I think Jebus has accomplished a very successful cop-out where he can avoid responding to my points.
That was very sad and pathetic. Over 5000 people viewed this thread. I think it was the most viewed discussion of the year on this forum.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Jebus wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 pm That was very sad and pathetic. Over 5000 people viewed this thread. I think it was the most viewed discussion of the year on this forum.
It's very funny to see somebody who resorted to outright conspiracy theories call somebody else "sad and pathetic". Regardless, the only source I have which demonstrates what you are claiming is the portal to it on the "Other Philosophy Discussion" Forum, which (at time of writing) says that this thread has 5,185 views. Now, there are two things which you appear not to have noticed, which is that, firstly, this claims the number of times that this thread has been viewed, not the number of people who viewed this thread. The only reason it claims to have 5,185 views at the time of writing is because I exited and re-entered the thread two times just now. If I hadn't done that, it would have been 5,183 views. Secondly, this is only the view count at the moment. There undoubtedly was much less views before you wrote what you did. Anyway, while you're on, why did you decide to unblock me?
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:48 am Anyway, while you're on, why did you decide to unblock me?
Easy question to answer apparently. It seems he hasn't. For some reason, he decided to come onto this thread specifically to reply to me, despite saying he wouldn't reply to me. Why did he do this? Your guess is as good as mine.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:48 amIt's very funny to see somebody who resorted to outright conspiracy theories call somebody else "sad and pathetic".
Why do you think its funny when someone you perceive as a conspirator calls you "sad and pathetic"? Anger, frustration or sense of inferiority would be a more expected response.

Why do you perceive me as a conspirator? How did you come to the conclusion that I called somebody rather than something "sad and pathetic". Are you lacking in concentration or simple ability to comprehend basic statements.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:48 am Regardless, the only source I have which demonstrates what you are claiming is the portal to it on the "Other Philosophy Discussion" Forum, which (at time of writing) says that this thread has 5,185 views. Now, there are two things which you appear not to have noticed, which is that, firstly, this claims the number of times that this thread has been viewed, not the number of people who viewed this thread. The only reason it claims to have 5,185 views at the time of writing is because I exited and re-entered the thread two times just now. If I hadn't done that, it would have been 5,183 views. Secondly, this is only the view count at the moment.
I noticed the "error" of viewers vs. views pretty much as I typed it. I decided not to edit it for two reasons:

1. It is not necessarily incorrect. Writing 5185 views would be incorrect as it does not consider views from unregistered views. Such views may make up for duplicate, triplicate views and more.

2. I thought it would be funny to see you comment on my "error" as there would be no way of you doing so without acknowledging and addressing the fact that this is one of the most viewed threads on the forum and that there would be no way you could resolve that fact with this comment:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:48 pmJebus, when he wrote this, had no reason to believe that there is anybody else following this thread other than himself, me or Red.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:48 amSecondly, this is only the view count at the moment. There undoubtedly was much less views before you wrote what you did.
Why does it matter when someone followed the thread? There is still a chance that someone as idiotic as you and Red would question me on my comments. I'm actually surprised that no one has yet challenged me. When I wrote it I was almost certain some other moron would jump in. I still wouldn't mind continuing the discussion. I just became tired of your repetitive and senseless questions and comments.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:48 pmAnyway, while you're on, why did you decide to unblock me?
WTF are you on about. I never blocked anyone. I just hope you become discouraged to engage in intellectual debate and instead stick to what you do best, i.e. pro North Korea, pro Kim Jung Un and other troll posts.

Finally, to anyone reading this post who think I am being mean, please note that Zzzzzzzzzzzz has admittedly had several different troll identities on this forum. He has claimed to be Japanese and has made multiple posts like the following:
Blizzy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:07 pm Hahahaha all you Liberal Atheists thinking that I'm going to be outraged about the Starbucks red cup on Christmas. I AM NOT!!! There is nobody in my feed outraged about the Starbucks Red Cup, but the people in there are outraged about the people outraged about the Starbucks red cup?!? This all came from Josh Fuhrerstein, but he is white and probably is an Atheist trying to mock Christianity.... I can see thrugh him! Christmas isn't even a Christian Holiday, it is Pagan and Jesus was probably born some time in JULY, not DECEMBER. Nutcases! All these False Christians going on about the "War on Christmas". If they were REAL Christians, they would be on the FRONT LINE AGAINST CHRISTMAS! Santa = Satan.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Jebus wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:09 pm
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:48 amIt's very funny to see somebody who resorted to outright conspiracy theories call somebody else "sad and pathetic".
Why do you think its funny when someone you perceive as a conspirator calls you "sad and pathetic"? Anger, frustration or sense of inferiority would be a more expected response.
Why would I be angry, frustrated or feel inferior when I perceive the person who called me it as a conspirator?
Why do you perceive me as a conspirator?
Because you have made baseless allegations, such as that I sent a PM telling you to fuck off and then deleted it in order to play the victim. An allegation which, when proven false, you never redacted.
How did you come to the conclusion that I called somebody rather than something "sad and pathetic".
I misread the statement. Nevertheless, it's still amusing when you have engaged in actions which are sadder and more pathetic.
Are you lacking in concentration or simple ability to comprehend basic statements.
To everybody reading, bare this quote in mind! It will become relevant later on!
I noticed the "error" of viewers vs. views pretty much as I typed it. I decided not to edit it for two reasons:

1. It is not necessarily incorrect. Writing 5185 views would be incorrect as it does not consider views from unregistered views. Such views may make up for duplicate, triplicate views and more.
It would not be incorrect at all. Here is your original quote (bold added by me):
Jebus wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 pm That was very sad and pathetic. Over 5000 people viewed this thread. I think it was the most viewed discussion of the year on this forum.
Notice the word "over"? Does that not account for unregistered views? You also assume that there were any unregistered people viewing the thread in the first place. This is of course, probably the case, however, there is no reason to assume that they would make up for duplicate views, triplicate views etc. Here is where your quote about me lacking in concentration or simple ability to comprehend basic statements comes to play. Do you really not understand how simple it would have been to write something like this?:
Jebus could have wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 pm That was very sad and pathetic. This thread has at least 5000 views. I think it was the most viewed discussion of the year on this forum.
That statement would have neither been incorrect nor able to be misconstrued.
2. I thought it would be funny to see you comment on my "error" as there would be no way of you doing so without acknowledging and addressing the fact that this is one of the most viewed threads on the forum and that there would be no way you could resolve that fact with this comment:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:48 pmJebus, when he wrote this, had no reason to believe that there is anybody else following this thread other than himself, me or Red.
It is entirely possible for you, Red and I to have been the only people to view this thread, and for this thread to have over 5,000 views. For instance, each of us could have visited it 1,666 times.
Why does it matter when someone followed the thread?

It matters because (I assume) you do not own a time machine and as a result of that fact could not time travel to the future to see whether this thread would get over 5,000 views
There is still a chance that someone as idiotic as you and Red would question me on my comments. I'm actually surprised that no one has yet challenged me. When I wrote it I was almost certain some other moron would jump in.
Then why bother exempting Red in the first place? If you were almost certain that somebody else would jump in, why would you add a clause that necessitates a forum user not to be able to point you to the questions I want answered?
I still wouldn't mind continuing the discussion. I just became tired of your repetitive and senseless questions and comments.
My questions and comments aren't repetitive or senseless and you have given no reason for believing that they are. Remove the rhetoric, and your statement is changed to:
I still wouldn't mind continuing the discussion. I just became tired of your questions and comments.
Or:
I still wouldn't mind continuing the discussion. I just became tired of the very things necessary to continue the discussion.
If you actually wouldn't mind continuing the discussion, why don't you actually give a single reason why a country would be better without a President? So far, you have said fuck all to support that idea.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:48 pmAnyway, while you're on, why did you decide to unblock me?
WTF are you on about. I never blocked anyone.
Red told me you'd blocked me. Either he's lying or you're lying, and I strongly suspect it's the latter.
I just hope you become discouraged to engage in intellectual debate and instead stick to what you do best, i.e. pro North Korea, pro Kim Jung Un and other troll posts.
Firstly, his name is Kim Jong-un, not "Kim Jung Un".

Secondly, if you're actually interested in learning about the DPRK, I'd highly recommend you watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktE_3PrJZO0

I'd love to see you call the people who actually lived in the country and want to return "trolls".
Finally, to anyone reading this post who think I am being mean, please note that Zzzzzzzzzzzz has admittedly had several different troll identities on this forum. He has claimed to be Japanese and has made multiple posts like the following:
Firstly, to anyone who is reading this post, I am not the man behind Blizzy or any of the other accounts Jebus may ascribe to me. They were made by my friend who I haven't spoken to in a while. Jebus doesn't believe this and (clearly) thinks that Dizzy and I are the same person, and refuses to give my side of the story to serve his agenda. What is most deceptive is this:
Zzzzzzzzzzzz has admittedly had several different troll identities on this forum
Dizzy (my friend) has admitted to having several troll identities on this forum. I haven't admitted to shit, because I haven't got anything to admit to.

Secondly, even if I was the person behind those accounts, I am not the only person you have been an asshole to. You have also been a complete and utter cock to Red. This is because, despite your narrative, you are not a virtuous crusader against trolls, leaving them angry, frustrated and with a sense of inferiority in your wake. In reality, you just seem to enjoy being a dick to anybody for any reason, and I wouldn't have so much of a problem with that fact if you had the honesty to own up to it.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your response. I think your idiocy is more superbly hilarious than anything Dizzy could have came up with. I have to thank you actually for giving me a couple of good chuckles. I've got a bit of a cold at the minute, and as they say, laughter is the best medicine.