Objections to Minimal Moral Realism

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Frank Quasar
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan

Re: Objections to Minimal Moral Realism

Post by Frank Quasar » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:32 am

@brimstoneSalad I was initially doing comic and concept art as a course because I wanted to strive for a career path that would be relatively relaxed/best suit my skill set. I do enjoy creating the illustrations within that fashion, and my peers told me I should push towards that path and create something for myself in the future.

On my first day during induction I realised I made a big mistake, and I regretted picking the course, terribly. It was a 2 week process before I was successfully released, and now I'm pursuing architecture instead. I know I won't enjoy it, and it will definitely bring far more immense stress, but I believe it can provide a better degree in the long term for job opportunities as oppose to what comic and concept art could ever yield.

I should've transferred this year, but for some reason the lady who was in charge of my documents/transfer communication failed to respond. Not sure why, but I got the letter which confirmed my place on the course, now I have no other choice but to apply next year.

brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:37 pm

@Frank Quasar Sounds like you made the right choice! Sorry to hear about that administrative mess up.

Frank Quasar

Post by Frank Quasar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:24 pm

@brimstoneSalad

Found this video where Dr. AVI discussed minimal moral realism with a guy known as "Realistic Nihilist". Pretty interesting discussion, to say the least. Feel free to watch if you're ever bored and have the time to do so. I think this is one of the only few times I've found an in-depth discussion on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7qdVOS ... BtmYNvA6H4

(Ignore the time-stamp that's there. The entire video goes over the discussion)