Who was the best President in the past 65 years?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.

Eisenhower
50%
Kennedy
50%
Johnson
No votes
Nixon
No votes
Ford
No votes
Carter
No votes
Reagan
No votes
Bush Sr.
No votes
Clinton
No votes
Obama
No votes

Total votes: 2

Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Post by Red »

Who would you say was the best president in the past 65 years? I would've done since WW2, but the poll only allows me to create 10 options, and I didn't put Bush Jr. since no one in their right mind here would vote him the best (could've been Gore, man), and Trump's term isn't yet over.

Here's a list, in order, and only some since I don't want to spend time writing my opinion on everyone:
Eisenhower: He's number one since, even though he was Republican, he expanded and retained a lot of New Deal programs, invested in infrastructure (such as the Interstate Highway), authorized the creation of NASA, encouraged desegregation of schools (somewhat), and kept the world from nuclear warfare but keeping up the arms race.
Johnson: Second due to his effectiveness as enforcing liberal policies in his 'Great Society,' which reduced poverty, ended segregation, expanded welfare programs, strengthened education, and his promotion of the arts. However, he totally and royally fucked up in the Vietnam War.
Obama: Was very effective during his first two terms (Democratic Congress), but was severely weakened when the Republicans got back in control. He ended the Iraq War, helped the economy recover after the Great Recession, and pushed for Healthcare reform.
Nixon: I think a bit underrated, sure the War on Drugs was bad, and the Watergate Scandal doesn't help, but I don't think people take into account the good he did, such as expand Great Society Programs, establish EPA, and called for a nuclear disarmament for the commies, and started to bring back troops from Vietnam.

Alright what does everyone else think
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Re: Who was the best President in the past 65 years?

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

1. JFK
2. Carter
3. Obama
4. LBJ
5. Clinton
6. Ike
7. Nixon
8. Ford
9. Bush
10. Dubya
11. Reagan