Antinatalist wiki article.

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Antinatalist wiki article.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I started fleshing out the antinatalist article a few weeks ago:
wiki/index.php/Antinatalism

Thunder Bay Personal Trainer (Logan Blake) said he'd make a video about it if we make the article.
https://twitter.com/mrnutwood/status/10 ... 5321583617

Here's his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvNKFL ... jG1uYI98zg

He's pretty popular & gets a lot of views, it could be a really good video on antinatalism, and help a lot of people distance themselves from the ideology.

I just spent a while working on the Benatar section:
wiki/index.php/Antinatalism#Benatar.27s_Asymmetry

I'll start on the environment section in the next few hours, but it would be great to have some feedback or edits if there are any mistakes or useful additions in the rest.
Porphyry

Re: Antinatalist wiki article.

Post by Porphyry »

I am not an anti-natalist myself, even though I have not had children, just to give my personal background on the question. I found the article very abstract. I think it could be improved by giving some narrative to the points raised. I doubt people will be convinced by this kind of approach. In general I feel that discussion about ethics are better served through narrative, or instantiated examples.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Antinatalist wiki article.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Thanks @Porphyry, could you give an example of the kind of narrative that you think would be useful for explanation?

I'm hoping to add in some more quotes and arguments, but I hadn't thought of that angle.