Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro Debate

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro Debate

Post by EquALLity »

brimstoneSalad wrote:This is possible. Where they somewhere he has control over?
Yes, they are both articles by him.
Sounds like it's from a talk. There might be a full version on Youtube.

If he's accepted that climate change is real and is promoting nuclear power, then he's a better environmentalist than many.
A change like that is pretty big.

If that's true, then it's mostly his anti-gay views that are outstanding, and those could be largely related to his religious beliefs.
Because Ben Shapiro doesn't believe the government should regulate marriage, he is not against marriage equality, although he is against homosexuality, likely due to his strict interpretation of his religion.

I'm not sure he has ever been against nuclear energy. It's typically the left that is against that.
His statement of being "lukewarm" about climate change is unfortunate, because I'd hope for more, but that doesn't mean he's unreasonable or a bad person.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Any idea where the Q&A was from? Maybe we can find the context and the whole quote.

Yes, I'm not surprised he's supporting nuclear, it's common for Republicans, the unique thing would be opposing coal/oil/gas and promoting nuclear over those thing if that was the implication. Republicans tend to be on the "ALL THE ENERGIES" platform, which is less useful (although better than the moratorium on nuclear power platform).
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:35 am Any idea where the Q&A was from? Maybe we can find the context and the whole quote.

Yes, I'm not surprised he's supporting nuclear, it's common for Republicans, the unique thing would be opposing coal/oil/gas and promoting nuclear over those thing if that was the implication. Republicans tend to be on the "ALL THE ENERGIES" platform, which is less useful (although better than the moratorium on nuclear power platform).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9eWuqir9J0
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx