GOD vs EVOLUTION

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Dino_ROAR
Diet: Vegan

Re: GOD vs EVOLUTION

Post by Dino_ROAR »

Ry4truth wrote:SECOND EXAMPLE: millions of children believe in santa clause. If you were to go around town and tell every child that santa wasn't real. you would upset alot of parents nd you would make alot of children cry. my point is that if it isnt hurting anyone leave it alone. If a specific belief or religion is hurting anyone or anything. then it should be opposed and destroyed with all possible haste.
Santa claus is real in Finland, maybe you should get your facts straight before your start making examples of thing that you are not fully aware of.
In Finland Santa does visit the homes of small children! <3
Don't believe me?
Check it out here
Why not take a visit to Santa Calus Village it is located at the Artic Circle.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

TheVeganAtheist wrote: Good idea. Im not sure if I will devote a whole video to it, but I can definitely add on to future videos a call for more engaging intelligent theists to join and present their case.
I think we could find enough material for a whole video.

Maybe a general topic of how the internet seems to be where religion goes to die, on internet religion debates, and examining the bases that may be presented because of it, weeding out rational theists as unwilling to engage, or if they are, quickly becoming atheists.

Maybe you can open a thread up for community suggestions for facts to include in the video?
TheAgnosticAtheist

Post by TheAgnosticAtheist »

Ry4truth wrote:GOD AND CREATION:
No one, not even the bible says that God created things out of nothing. This is a misunderstanding when people try to talk about things they have no clue about. And or, they try to purposefully deceive those around them with false evidence. Here is the first sentence in the bible.: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”. Notice how it does not state “how” God did it. The idea that God created something out of nothing is ridiculous and moronic.
No clue about? I always find it amusing to see the same excuses made by all religious people:

1) You don't understand "insert religious text"
2) You are assuming what the "word" or "sentence" means in my "religious text".
3) My "religious text" doesn't contradict itself. You are simply misinterpreting my "religious text".

However, "religious text" reads as it reads and means what the words mean.
"And God said, 'Let there be light.' And there was light."
This is a fictional GOD using magic and creating something from nothing which requires magic. It is one thing to deny and another accept the flaws of what we (as people) believe in.