GOD vs EVOLUTION

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Ry4truth

Re: GOD vs EVOLUTION

Post by Ry4truth »

Dino Roar,

Hi and thank you for your reply. However I never got to meet my mom, she died. Then I was adopted, so no I never got to meet her.

As far as the creator of life, mom and dad are both responsible for that. Not just mom.

And no I did not come here just to hate. I do not hate anything or anyone.

How much is he making?,It's not just the youtube channel. He's making money off of youtube, merchandise etc. here's how it works. You start something that people are interested in. It could be a game, debate etc. it's all about the traffic. Once he gets enough traffic then he will partner with major companies and offer to run their advertisements. For a price of course, then he'll be making money off of that too. And the list goes on and on.

Just look at facebook, Google etc. they are free services. Why do is that so?. Because there is a lot of traffic on there. And these companies run advertisements on their sites and get paid to do it.

As far as your pay per click thing and your web domain. I don't know what your trying to drive across here. I hope you can explain yourself better.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

@ Ry4truth, still not answering specific questions regarding the subject matter of the thread?? miniboes has asked 7 questions, and I have asked a whole series of them (just look at my first 2 posts within this thread, and anything ending with a "?" is a question that I would like you to answer.

Im not sure why you are so willing to talk about making money on youtube and my website, yet not willing to answer directly the very questions related to your beliefs of god. Seems like you prefer to preach and deflect.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Ry4truth

Post by Ry4truth »

Vegan atheist,

I apologize for my delay in responding to answering the questions. My Dog died today, and my dad just lost his job. So my family and I are going through some hard times right now.
Dino_ROAR

Post by Dino_ROAR »

My condolences to you and your mother and dog that must be rough.

Ry4truth wrote: Just look at facebook, Google etc. they are free services. Why do is that so?. Because there is a lot of traffic on there. And these companies run advertisements on their sites and get paid to do it.

As far as your pay per click thing and your web domain. I don't know what your trying to drive across here. I hope you can explain yourself better.

::SIGH::
Clearly you know nothing about making money through advertisement online if you did you'd know that TVA isn't using Google AdWords which yes is free but you have to know how to use it!
"WHY DO IS THAT SO?"
They are free because you pay google when someone clicks on your ad, you have it all flipped around inside your head. Now if TVA was sending people to another website from the PPC advertisement on his website then yes he may make maybe .30cents for sending that person to the website, in a month maybe accumulate about $30, but hey at the end of the year it's a nice chunk of change but he couldn't live off $360 a year come one. You are only paid when a visitors clicks, how many times do you click on ad or do you specifically avoid clicking ads like the most of us?
Inbound marketing lesson 101
PPC~ Pay per click (PPC) (also called cost per click) is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites, in which advertisers pay the publisher (typically a website owner) when the ad is clicked. It is defined simply as “the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked.”

In order to create a web site you need someone to host your web domain they usually charge a monthly fee ranging from $10-30 a month depending on the quality of service you want.
Wow so pretty much if TVA was going to start using google adwords (which I doubt he will) he'd make just enough money to cover the cost of hosting his web domain wow, he sure is banking!
The PPC is pretty much the same on youtube but instead of using Google AdWords you will be using Google AdSense pretty much the same thing!
Oh and don't forget the taxes that have to paid.

Do you see any advertisements on TVA web domain? No! Why; because he isn't trying to profit off this web site or his store he is spreading the word of veganism and atheism and if we were to calculate in TVA time and effort he put in to making the web site and keeping it up and running, he would actually be in the whole but; since he is doing this because he is passionate in what he believes and wants to spread the word it is more like a HOBBY than anything else.
Google AdWords is a free service, why not become a google partner like I am and learn how to utilize it!
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Dino_ROAR wrote:Your mama is the creator of your life, so I am sure you've met her plenty of times.... Are you here to debate or just hate? How often do you think merchandise sells, TVA YouTube channel isn't that big with little ads, how much money do you really think he's making off it? Ever heard of pay per click ? Look it up. It is not expensive to host a web domain, maybe 30ish dollars a month...

What the hell are you talking about?!
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Dino_ROAR

Post by Dino_ROAR »

RedAppleGP wrote:

Really? Read my latest post silly!
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Dino_ROAR wrote:
RedAppleGP wrote:

Really? Read my latest post silly!
Oh now I get it.. sorry for the mixup pal!
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Ry4truth

Post by Ry4truth »

PROOF OF GOD

I have had many supernatural experiances, as well as many experiances with God. it would take me an hour to type it all. but no matter what i tell you, you won't believe me. I have all the proof I need, but that proof is only for me. I was marked by the divine though, when i had my first experiance.

BELIEVING SOMETHING

You don't have to believe anything. But to dispell a belief without propper proof or evidence is hypocritical and childish. EXAMPLE: You buy a lottery ticket at 12:00 in the afternoon. you are so exited that you begin to think that your a winner. In exitement you tell your best friend, who thinks that you have lost your marbles. he tells you the odds of you winning, and the fact that there is no evidence or proof that you'll win. while the best friend has every right to believe or not believe that the lotto ticket is a winner. it is disrespectfull and hurtfull to flat out tell the friend that the lotto ticket is not a winner. when it cant be proven until the appropriate time has arrived. putting someone else down when you can't even defend your own beliefs is hypocritical and childish.

SECOND EXAMPLE: millions of children believe in santa clause. If you were to go around town and tell every child that santa wasn't real. you would upset alot of parents nd you would make alot of children cry. my point is that if it isnt hurting anyone leave it alone. If a specific belief or religion is hurting anyone or anything. then it should be opposed and destroyed with all possible haste.

THE UNIVERSE

If the universe deos not have a creator then who made it?. you may argue that you can't assume that a "he" made it. you also cannot asume that a "he" deosn't exist. or that the universe didn't have a creator. the universe is complex and diverse in it's mysteries. the universe is like the ocean, we have only explored a drop of it. science is far too young to disprove God's existance. but like i said before, science and God arent enemies, they never were. science and religion are enemies, for whatever foolish reason that is unkown to me.

GOD

In complete truth we do not yet understand gods origins. just becouse we dont understand something or how it works, deosnt mean its wrong or deosnt exist. it was once deamed impossible to put a man on the moon, but it happened. it was once deamed impossible for man to fly, and yet millions of people do it everyday. as an inventor i can tell you, keep an open mind towards all things.

I APPOLOGIZE

I appologize to any persons who feel that i have unjustly discriminated agianst them. In no way did i ever mean disrespect towards anyone.

RELIGION

Religion is a problem for those who are hurt or affected by it in a negative way. But because no one in the majority of the world is hurt or affected by religion. then it is not a matter you need to concern yourself with.

THE BIBLE

The bible is false, i have explained this before. the god of the bible and the real god are very different. we should not base our morals or ethics on any book or god. we should base them on how we would want to be treated. the golden rule etc.

WHO TO OPPOSE?

You are free to criticize anyone or anything. the U.S Government took an issue with slavery, not the american people. The reason the government took an issue with slavery was because they wanted to deport the slaves back to africa. not because they wanted to "free" them. the unindustrialized southern farmers had a problem with this. they had already paid for there "propperty" and it would leave them without farm hands or workers. so the american civil war happened.

KNOW YOUR STUFF

This section is for any and all future commentors of this debate. Please be factual and knowledgable about the issue you are discussing. there is nothing more annoying than ignorant, idiotic, hypocritical, stupid and especialy nasty or disrespecfull people. please dont criticise someone for grammer or something not important when you dont even know how the world works. it ends up making you look stupid when the kid who you picked on for a simple gramatical mistake teaches you about the world and the universe. please think before you respond.

MY POSTS

My posts are always in response in peoples comments, they always have been. simply read your comment and then read what i posted in response. youll find the connection between the two. i always try to be factual, respectfull and truthfull with my posts. i want to thank you for reading this.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

You're beginning to sound like a broken record mate.

You say you try to be factual. I'd like to remind you that nothing is a fact until it is proven.
Thus, unless you provide evidence, nothing you say is a fact.

This does not mean we can not have a good discussion; opinions in the form of rational arguments can help us make sense of the world just as much as hard science can. You keep calling us out about ignorance, idiocy, etc. If you keep doing that, we can not have a decent discussion about this issue that seems very dear to you. I'd like to invite you to have this discussion without calling each other liars, hypocrites, or whatever and try to make the best out of it.
Ry4truth wrote: I have had many supernatural experiances, as well as many experiances with God. it would take me an hour to type it all. but no matter what i tell you, you won't believe me. I have all the proof I need, but that proof is only for me. I was marked by the divine though, when i had my first experiance.
I have had many supernatural experiences too. One day, I say three images during my sleep, like visions. The very same day, they all actually happened. Every time I have a déjà vu now, I question myself if I have actually dreamt it before, and most of the time the answer is yes. Now, I could declare myself some kind of psychic, but I have no way of proving I have these visions. They do not prove anything, as they are only in my mind. You keep bringing up your supernatural experiences, but for all we know you might just have been on LSD.
You don't have to believe anything. But to dispell a belief without propper proof or evidence is hypocritical and childish.
I would argue believing something without proper evidence just doesn't make sense. As I said twice or more now, as nothing can be disproved, the default position should be to not believe. This is the only way to distinguish fact from fiction. I'd like you to respond to this argument for once, instead of repeating that we need to disprove faith.
EXAMPLE: You buy a lottery ticket at 12:00 in the afternoon. you are so exited that you begin to think that your a winner. In exitement you tell your best friend, who thinks that you have lost your marbles. he tells you the odds of you winning, and the fact that there is no evidence or proof that you'll win. while the best friend has every right to believe or not believe that the lotto ticket is a winner. it is disrespectfull and hurtfull to flat out tell the friend that the lotto ticket is not a winner. when it cant be proven until the appropriate time has arrived. putting someone else down when you can't even defend your own beliefs is hypocritical and childish.
So there's one key difference between winning a lottery and god; we have actually seen people win lotteries before. Many people in fact. There is plenty of proof that winning a lottery is possible. There's no proof god exists, or even that his existence is possible. Again, if you can provide us with that evidence, please do.
SECOND EXAMPLE: millions of children believe in santa clause. If you were to go around town and tell every child that santa wasn't real. you would upset alot of parents nd you would make alot of children cry. my point is that if it isnt hurting anyone leave it alone. If a specific belief or religion is hurting anyone or anything. then it should be opposed and destroyed with all possible haste.
I will repeat why I think religion is a problem later in this post, but anyway, there is also a problem with this example. The people believing in Santa are kids. Kids can afford to have unreasonable beliefs. When they grow up they stop believing in Santa because that is the reasonable thing to do. If the people believing in Santa were adults they should absolutely be told he doesn't exist. I will admit that believing in Santa is less of a problem than believing in God is; after all, people don't pray to Santa and base their actions on what Santa things would be right.
If the universe deos not have a creator then who made it?. you may argue that you can't assume that a "he" made it. you also cannot asume that a "he" deosn't exist. or that the universe didn't have a creator. the universe is complex and diverse in it's mysteries. the universe is like the ocean, we have only explored a drop of it. science is far too young to disprove God's existance. but like i said before, science and God arent enemies, they never were. science and religion are enemies, for whatever foolish reason that is unkown to me.
For the fourth time, disproving anything is impossible, thus the default position should be denial.
Also, on your question 'who made it', as I said two times before, scientists HAVE figured out a way the universe could exist without a creator, it's called the big bang theory. Now, I admit I don't understand how as I have never really payed attention in physics class, but I recommend picking up a book of Lawrence Krauss or looking him up on youtube.

Because the universe does not require a creator, the question 'who made it' does not need to be asked, rather the question 'what caused it' should be asked. Again, I refer to Lawrence Krauss.
In complete truth we do not yet understand gods origins. just becouse we dont understand something or how it works, deosnt mean its wrong or deosnt exist. it was once deamed impossible to put a man on the moon, but it happened. it was once deamed impossible for man to fly, and yet millions of people do it everyday. as an inventor i can tell you, keep an open mind towards all things.
Well, you know, nothing is impossible. We don't understand the universe well enough to say something is impossible. That God might be possible is not prove that he exists, however. Thus the default position should be not to believe in him.
Religion is a problem for those who are hurt or affected by it in a negative way. But because no one in the majority of the world is hurt or affected by religion. then it is not a matter you need to concern yourself with.
I'll just refer you to point 7 in the list below.
The bible is false, i have explained this before. the god of the bible and the real god are very different. we should not base our morals or ethics on any book or god. we should base them on how we would want to be treated. the golden rule etc.
I completely agree, that is the reason why religion needs to be criticized.
You are free to criticize anyone or anything. the U.S Government took an issue with slavery, not the american people. The reason the government took an issue with slavery was because they wanted to deport the slaves back to africa. not because they wanted to "free" them. the unindustrialized southern farmers had a problem with this. they had already paid for there "propperty" and it would leave them without farm hands or workers. so the american civil war happened.
I don't know what you're trying to say with the slave story.

You said you are replying to our comments, yet I have not found any of the seven points I made in my last post to be addressed. I will put the seven comments below again, please reply to them with the numbers so I can see you are actually addressing them.

1. You said you met god and that you have evidence for his existence. Please provide said evidence as you might save us from eternal suffering in hell. (if you can't, well, you should probably stop mentioning it)

2. It is impossible to disprove god's existence, granted. But the same goes for anything else. I can not disprove the flying spaghetti monster or dragons on earth. This does not mean it is reasonable to believe in such things. Because it is impossible to disprove, the correct position is to deny that something exists until evidence is provided in order to be able to distinguish fact from fiction.

3. The universe does not need to have a creator, thus the question 'who made it' does not have to be answered.

4. It is impossible for it to be impossible that something comes from nothing. After all, if there was a god, he would have had to come from nothing too.

5. What makes it immature to make a youtube channel and having 'public demonstrations' against religion?

6. You accuse us of bestowing hatred upon people. Sure there are some atheists that do, but it is straight up discriminatory to assume all atheists do.

7. If religion is false, it is most definitely a problem. It is important to act by rational thought, rather than what you think some supernatural being would do. Yet the US President swears to a bible.

The bible has some very crooked morals, as VeganAtheist demonstrates in his crazy bible verses series. Even if you're not basing your moral system on the bible, to base it on a being that would have people suffer eternally simply for being born in the wrong culture (e.g. a Hinduistic culture) is plain wrong. I think we should be adults, and not base our morals on fairy tales.

To attack religious people personally is not necessary, but to criticize their belief is. You're going to offend people, but that is sometimes necessary. Slave owners would probably have been offended when told having slaves is wrong, does that make the movement against slavery a bad thing?
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

miniboes wrote: I have had many supernatural experiences too. One day, I say three images during my sleep, like visions. The very same day, they all actually happened. Every time I have a déjà vu now, I question myself if I have actually dreamt it before, and most of the time the answer is yes.
This is retrospective memory editing, and it's actually fairly common.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias
And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misinformation_effect

Memory is not a perfect, immutable record of the past, but both highly volatile and changing. Yes, your memories can literally change into something completely different, and when you access them again, the old memory will be gone and there will be a new edited memory there which your brain updated, and you'll think it was the same memory you had all along (you couldn't think otherwise, we're talking about changes in your brain itself).

Dreams, like "prophecy" are actually so vague that they don't really predict anything. But when you recall them in a particular context, things that were unclear or didn't make sense before change to fit the new information. You dream becomes more vivid in retrospect, and all of those details get filled in.

It's a very powerful illusion.
miniboes wrote: Now, I could declare myself some kind of psychic, but I have no way of proving I have these visions. They do not prove anything, as they are only in my mind.
Actually, you do.

Just keep very good records, and make clear and accurate predictions based on your dreams (of things you don't control, otherwise you might be dealing with a self-fulfilling prophecy, which dreams CAN create).
Then you look at the hits and misses of those predictions, and if they are better than random chance, you have psychic powers, and you can claim the Million Dollar prize from the JREF.

They would have to be evaluated by a third party, and compared with a control to determine the degree of accuracy, but that's not terribly difficult.
Science :)

Just between you and me, though, I'm pretty sure your memories are just changing, as has been proved to happen and is totally normal. You may just be more aware of it, because you've gotten in the habit of looking for it and trying to remember your dreams.

I saw a documentary once about neurotheology (I think) where an Atheist had visions of hell. Instead of turning into a raving lunatic because he had subjective experiences of the supernatural, he was rational and went to a doctor, and it turned out he had some kind of tumor or other prefrontal cortex issue. I found that really admirable; even though his sense perception was deceiving him and he was hallucinating, he held onto his true sense and rationality.

Anybody know the one, and have a link?