GOD vs EVOLUTION

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Re: GOD vs EVOLUTION

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

RedAppleGP wrote:Sorry! I'm still trying to figure it out.. I'll get it eventually!

what I do is have 2 windows open and copy and paste the text Im responding to within the {quote} insert text here {/quote} tags (the brackets i used here are not correct so that you can see what the code looks like. You should use these: [ and ]. There is also a quote button above the comment section which automatically adds the code.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Ry4truth

Post by Ry4truth »

GOD AND CREATION:

No one, not even the bible says that God created things out of nothing. This is a misunderstanding when people try to talk about things they have no clue about. And or, they try to purposefully deceive those around them with false evidence. Here is the first sentence in the bible.: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”. Notice how it does not state “how” God did it. The idea that God created something out of nothing is ridiculous and moronic.

RELIGION AND HOW IT AFFECTS PEOPLE

The idea that religion effects people in today’s world is idiotic, and ignorant of the truth. You are protected by law in the majority of the nations on the planet. To never be forced to do something against your will. Otherwise its slavery, if we lived during the days of the inquisition. Then I would be on your side. In those days you were required by church law to attend every service. And to obey any and or all of the biblical teachings. Otherwise, you risked being branded a heretic and: tortured, burnt at the stake, hung, and or other ways of execution. People did horrific things in the name of the church. But that was 300- 500 years ago. You need to stop living in the past.

Like I said before, if you don’t like religion, ignore it. We are all adults here, and its time you acted like it. If a salesman comes to your door offering a house remodeling service what do you do?. If you’re interested, you accept the offer and do business with the man. If your not then you kindly inform him of your uninterest and do not do business with the man. C’mon people, it’s not that hard.

I CANT SEE!

Atheists will argue that they can’t see God, and thus there can’t be a God. They couldn’t be more idiotic and ignorant. During the early 1800s, people began to excel at microbial sciences. They theorized that microorganisms existed. And they released their findings to national publishers all over the country. When this was read by people all over the country, there was skepticism and even outrage at such an idea. After all it was just a belief held by a young and mysterious science. It wasn’t until technology caught up and more powerful scopes and magnifiers were made. That people could actually see the microorganisms that the scientists spoke about.

The lesson: just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there. No person alive can see a microrganism with the naked human eye. So that means that microorgansms aren’t there right?. No it doesn’t, we all know that they exist and that they play an active role in our lives. But that’s not the point, the point is that you don’t see something so you automatically think its not there or it doesn’t exist. If scientists, doctors, inventors etc. thaught the way athiests do we would still live in the stone age. If you want to find god and speak with him. Then you only need to look for him. He is there waiting for you.

THE VEGAN ATHIEST

This entire section is just for you. You commented on my topic stating that you make $0 with revenue received from your youtube account, website, and merchandise. If that were true, then who is paying for the shirts?, who is paying for them to be printed on?. Who is paying for all your other merchandise to be made, designed, and shipped?. If what you’re saying is true, then all of this work wouldn’t even be worth your time. After all, people only do something if they receive something in return.

Secondly, what if your lying?, how can we be certain your not lying?. You’re making an exceptional claim, but you’re not supplying the exceptional evidence or proof to back up your words. Your behaving no differently then the priest who claims god is real. In truth, you are effectively a hypocrite. You want me to believe you without any proof or evidence. You’ve just violated your entire crusade against god and religion.

I hope for your sake that you think before you type your responses. It’s just the smart thing to do.

ALL ATHEISTS ARE HYPOCRITS

In truth, all athiests have a faith, its called science. But here is why all atheists are hypocrites. You are ready to belive what a scientist says without question or critical thinking. that’s no different than the throngs of people who cling to every word of the preacher at the altar.

Can you prove science right?, no you can’t. you cannot independently prove science is right. You instead rely on the words of others. In this you lack critical thinking and perspective. Science has been wrong many times throught history. And now is no different. Learn not to critisize others beliefs but to keep an open mind and strive to learn about it. After you are informed only then can you make a credible decision whether something is fact or fiction. In this I am very informed, I have studied religion and science for many years. I can confidently say that none of you have done that. You have either studied one or the other. But never both with an open mind.

MY MESSAGE TO THE WORLD

I do not think that science is totay wrong. It has been wrong in the past but that doesn’t mean that is should be abandoned. Science is invaluable and it’s important for the development of humanity.

I think its important to keep an open mind towards all issues of debate. And to never critisize a belief or individual based on their beliefs or opinions.

I think its important to be compassionate and respectfull to all peoples of all nations. Regardless of what they believe.

In the end we all want whats best for ourselves. Our family and friends. We should strive to care for one another. And to help those in need. Let’s create a world full of peace and prosperity for all creation.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

until you actually start to respond to the many specific questions I have posed to you, I no longer feel like engaging with you. I asked a whole series of questions (expecting a response) and received a diatribe and more assertions.

I didnt say I dont make money from my youtube account. I said I dont make money off of my store. The store (Spreadshirt) makes the shirts, ships them off and pays me a royalty. I donate all my royalty to charity. Believe me or not, its still true. My donating my revenue from the store is not an exceptional claim, and all the evidence required would be to show you a statement of revenue received and where that money has been donated. Real exceptional claims, ones like "god exists" require exceptional evidence. Nice try and equivocating the two.
I dont care if you believe me or not. I have no vested interest in proving to you that I donate all revenue from the store. I dont try enact laws to force you to believe me or suffer financial consequences.

I hope for your sake you think and process before you type your responses, since clearly up to this point you have not engaged the grey matter between your ears.

If you have come onto the forum to preach, then you have come to the wrong place. If you have come to discuss and entertain differing perspectives, then start to present your case, and answer the many specific issues brought up by myself and others.

Unless you start to specifically address my previous questions, I will no longer enable you on your soap box.
Ry4truth

Post by Ry4truth »

VEGAN ATHEIST

Thank you for your reply. While I must admit I was taken back by your aggressive and assertive statements. You expected a response from me, but you never consider the fact that I have responded to you. Check your email and you will see.

This is a debate, and a discussion about opinions and beliefs. And that is what it always has been. I as well as any other member of this website, can post topics for discussion with the rest of the community. That is what we have been doing this entire time. If you actualy read the comments in response to my posts, you will see that I address each comment in a respectful and kind manner.

It seams I hit a nerve with you, it seams when you are called into question you cower like a dog in the rain. I do not cower when questioned. I do my best to answer with facts and information. I don't get defensive or disrespectful when people disagree with me. You criticize others for believing things without critical thought or supportive evidence. But when the tables are turned on you. You threaten to remove people from the website and maybe worse. If you were truly fair you would not shun such questions. You would strive to show me the truth.

Remeber I mean no disrespect, as I have stated many times before. You seem to get angry and offended when people don't believe what you say. Just as you have criticized the religous for doing. The topic may be different but the principle is the same.

"f you are the one making a claim it is up to you to provide demonstratable evidence or proof beyond a reasonable doubt" these are your words, follow them.

Don't be a hypocrite, practice what you preach. I told you that I knew you made money and I was right. And a claim is a claim, whether it be big or small. Your documents are no different then what the bible claims. Your recipt can be faked, photoshopped et. And how would I prove you wrong?, I wouldn't be able to. The bible as you put it " is a fictitious bunch of stories from the bronze age" what makes your claim of donations any more factual then the bibles claims?. Your just upset because I destroyed atheism with my wisdom. I proved to all of you that your wrong, just like I said I would.

"The true Mark of a coward and a lair' is how he acts when questioned" you would do well to remeber this lesson.

I will answer all of your questions like I said I would. I may post them on your website or email them to you. Please be patient and understanding. "Learn not to expect, but to appreciate what is given". If you feel that I have insulted you then I apologize. I respect you and your work. If you would like to recieve a response then please send me an email with your questions.

With compassion and respect,
Ryan
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

you have been nothing but condescending, arrogant and rude (no matter how many times you try to deflect it with words like "i mean no disrespect, or with compassion and respect". You have also lied and misrepresented my tone and my words. You sir are a dishonest person.

Your email must have ended up in my junk folder. Please refrain from emailing me directly. If you have something to contribute, leave it on the forum.
Ry4truth

Post by Ry4truth »

Vegan Atheist

I want to appologise if i've insulted or disrespected you. I am saddened at the thaught that i have hurt you. Aside from that, you and other members of this website. should notice a big difference between you and me.

1. I am willing to admit that science is right and that religion is wrong. -- you do not even consider that you might be wrong.

2. I have offered you kindness and respect. I even apologised for possibly insulting you. ---you have not even offered me a shred of kindness. You have not even considered that you might be wrong.

3. I have given knowledge, wisdom and truth, to you and other members of this website.----you do not even take notice, you shun the truth becouse it deosn't align with what you want.

4. I listen to all opinions and beliefs with an open mind--- you do not, anyone who dares to question you or your beliefs are automaticly. "Condescending, arrogant and disrespectfull people"--- you do not even consider the possibility that you might be wrong.

5. My posts are filled with truth, scientific knowledge and wisdom.-- your posts are not, they are just repeats of the last thing you said. You have never proven yourself to be right. you judge others for making cliams without proof or evidence. But when it's you who makes a claim, we are all supposed to bow down and believe it without question. You have become your own enemy.------ you are not even willing to think this out.

6. You tell me that i am a liar and that i am a dishonest person. but you forget that i can prove you wrong. you cannot prove me wrong. i have all your videos on youtube and on your website. the words you speak are the same words i have directed at you. You said: " claims need evidence, otherwise they are not credible. and we should not belive in them".----- you do not take responsability for your own words. And you only need to watch your own videos for proof.

7. I do not know everything, and i never will. As i grow and age i will always be learning something new.--- you speak as if you have the knolwedge of all things. You are so sure of yourself that you have become the very things you despise.

8. You are not factual, you are not educated. you critisize others but act as if you are above critisism. You have abandoned the humble and pure heart that started your quest for truth.--- i however have not, just look at the differences between us. look at it with an open heart.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

If you really want to have a proper debate/discussion, why don't you start by adressing the VeganAtheists and my questions? You have now come to the phase where you simply repeat your arguments, without bothering to respond to ours. Please go back to my first reply on this topic, and VeganAtheists reply right below it, and adress the questions and arguments there. Until you do, the discussion is dead.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Ry4truth

Post by Ry4truth »

Miniboes,

If you have questions or comments please post them in response to my posts. I cannot see who posted what, all I can do is try to answere as many questions in a generalized and factual manner. If you have questions please send them to me, I will try and answere them.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

I'll repeat some of my comments then.

1. You said you met god and that you have evidence for his existence. Please provide said evidence as you might save us from eternal suffering in hell.

2. It is impossible to disprove god's existence, granted. But the same goes for anything else. I can not disprove the flying spaghetti monster or dragons on earth. This does not mean it is reasonable to believe in such things. Because it is impossible to disprove, the correct position is to deny that something exists until evidence is provided in order to be able to distinguish fact from fiction.

3. The universe does not need to have a creator, thus the question 'who made it' does not have to be answered.

4. It is impossible for it to be impossible that something comes from nothing. After all, if there was a god, he would have had to come from nothing too.

5. What makes it immature to make a youtube channel and having 'public demonstrations' against religion?

6. You accuse us of bestowing hatred upon people. Sure there are some atheists that do, but it is straight up discriminatory to assume all atheists do.

7. If religion is false, it is most definitely a problem. It is important to act by rational thought, rather than what you think some supernatural being would do. Yet the US President swears to a bible.

The bible has some very crooked morals, as VeganAtheist demonstrates in his crazy bible verses series. Even if you're not basing your moral system on the bible, to base it on a being that would have people suffer eternally simply for being born in the wrong culture (e.g. a Hinduistic culture) is plain wrong. I think we should be adults, and not base our morals on fairy tales.

To attack religious people personally is not necessary, but to criticize their belief is. You're going to offend people, but that is sometimes necessary. Slave owners would probably have been offended when told having slaves is wrong, does that make the movement against slavery a bad thing?
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Dino_ROAR

Post by Dino_ROAR »

Your mama is the creator of your life, so I am sure you've met her plenty of times.... Are you here to debate or just hate? How often do you think merchandise sells, TVA YouTube channel isn't that big with little ads, how much money do you really think he's making off it? Ever heard of pay per click ? Look it up. It is not expensive to host a web domain, maybe 30ish dollars a month...