Help

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
LLawliet313
Diet: Vegan

Help

Post by LLawliet313 »

I need help I'm getting a meat craving. I don't know what to do
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Help

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Focusing on the craving will make it worse. Just do something else to distract yourself and it will go away fast. Play a game or watch a movie.

Just remember, these things don't last long. You just have to divert your attention.

You can also eat a little vegan "junk food" if that will help fill you up and give you a vegan treat. Sometimes cravings come up or get worse if you're hungry.

Mock-meats can help some people, although there are more reliable and effective ways to dealing with cravings (distraction, mental methods).
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Id also avoid the smell or sight of that which you are having a craving. Smell is powerful, and if you can smell animal products that you are craving, you will have a harder time resisting. Eventually cravings change and get replaced with new ones (vegan ones).
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
LLawliet313

Post by LLawliet313 »

I have no sense of smell so that won't be a problem and thanks for the help guys I mite get some tofu
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

remember if you do end up giving into a craving dong give up on a vegan diet, just because you slip does not mean you fail.

try to not treat it like a "diet" this is to say rather than punishing yourself by depriving yourself of what you desire, retrain your brain to treat vegan food as a treat, or something good, to be desired. this is something that normally comes with time as you get used to the large range of available vegan foods, then you start to enjoy and crave them instead.

stick to it.
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.