Time magazine "Person of the year"

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Re: Time magazine "Person of the year"

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:11 am for the same reasons they backed down from giving Mussolini and/or Hitler person of the century
To be fair, Einstein was a solid choice for person of the century.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Post by Jebus »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:20 pm Personally I think this "Person of the Year" should go to one of these three: Kim Jong-un (The Good) or Donald Trump or Harvey Weinstein (The Bad and the Ugly interchangeably).
I agree with the above. Person of the century should have gone to Hitler or Princip, depending on how you look at it.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

It looks like Mohammed bin Salman's going to get it.

Source: http://time.com/5027387/time-person-year-2017-poll-results/

To be fair, he's a bastard, but not as controversial a bastard as they could have picked.

There hasn't been a person of the year who wasn't a bastard since 2014. In 2015 they picked Merkel (a bastard) and in 2016 they picked Orange Man (another bastard). In 2014 they picked the Ebola fighters (Good people - definitely not bastards).

Merkel, although a bastard, is not at all controversial. Orange Man is controversial but it made sense as the dotard was elected president in 2016. Salman (definitely a bastard) is a lot more controversial, but nowhere near as controversial as Rocket Man (a good person - definitely not a bastard - I use the nickname "Rocket Man" affectionately here) or Harvey Weinstein (a massive bastard) would have been.

It is safe to say that Time magazine is run by a bunch of wusses. They probably would never have put Rocket Man on the poll if there was even a flicker of doubt in their mind that he wouldn't get it. Of course, nobody voted for him, because at least 75% of those who voted for the poll are an assorted variety of ninnies and loonies.

Rocket Man - You will always be Person of 2017 in my eyes for your wonderful impact in this year, you have not only defended Korea, you have defended the world from nuclear annihilation! I love you (in the Platonic sense).
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

I also don't see why Jeremy Corbyn (good person - definitely not a bastard) wasn't an option to be voted for. He made the Maybot lose her majority after all! He is surely more Person-of-the-Year-worthy than many of the choices that were on there.

It's would be better if you could write in your own choices.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

I don't even see why Rocket Man is an option seeing as even if he did get the most votes, the boltheads at Time magazine wouldn't let him be Person of the Year. After all, he was voted it in 2012, but they gave it to Barack "No Drama" Obama (A good person - definitely not a bastard).

I have nothing against No-Drama, but he already received Person of the Year in 2008. Why can't Rocket Man have a turn? Sad!

I also think I am a worthy contester for Person of the Year. After all, I got Person of the Year in 2006, for being a content creator on the internet, and if No-Drama can go twice, surely I should be able to as well. The way I see it, the best content I have produced was not in 2006 but when I was posting on this forum this year. The writers of Time magazine should recognize my hard work and make me Person of the Year again. Or am I too controversial a choice?

To clarify, the above paragraph is jokes, I don't actually believe I was person of the year in 2006.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

The British Television Programme "The Last Leg" is hosting an award similar to "Person of the Year". Instead it is called, "Dick of the Year". The aim is to find a bad person to represent this year.

Possible winners of it this year include Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein, Aung San Suu Kyi, Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un (who I do not think belongs alongside those bastards as he is a good person).
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

So 2017's Person of the Year is "The Silence Breakers". Those who spoke out against sexual abuse and harassment.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 pm I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8XjcK06UXo
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

PsYcHo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 pm
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 pm I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8XjcK06UXo
I don't understand the joke. I'm not even Korean. Or is this because I support the DPRK?