Is it moral to force men or women to wear veils or any particular garment?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Lambert34
Diet: Meat-Eater

Re: Is it moral to force men or women to wear veils or any particular garment?

Post by Lambert34 »

It is not moral to force men or women to wear veils.They also have the right to wear it if they wish to.Everyone have the right to decide their clothing.
brimstoneSalad wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:46 pm

I appreciate it when others wear clothing rather than running around naked. I think it's pretty reasonable that a restaurant might, for example, ask that patrons wear clothing, or even formal clothing because that's what other patrons want to see.
I agree!It is better to wear clothing than running around naked.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Lambert34 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:53 pm It is not moral to force men or women to wear veils.They also have the right to wear it if they wish to.Everyone have the right to decide their clothing.
I agree 100%
Lambert34 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:53 pm I agree!It is better to wear clothing than running around naked.
Ah, now here is the question I must ask you. (Don't take me too seriously, I'm just curious as to your response.)

Since you do not feel it is moral to force persons to wear veils, would it be moral to punish me if I chose to go about naked? :twisted:

I would not do anything to bother others, just simply walk around on my errands without any clothing. :o
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
DarlBundren
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by DarlBundren »

You'd need to be pretty optimistic about human nature to think that having hot girls walking around naked would not result in many more car crashes and whatnot.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

DarlBundren wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:28 am You'd need to be pretty optimistic about human nature to think that having hot girls walking around naked would not result in many more car crashes and whatnot.
I didn't say I was hot, but thanks for the compliment.. :oops:
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.