Exclamations for Atheists "oh my god" etc.?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Exclamations for Atheists "oh my god" etc.?

Post by Red »

PsYcHo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 pm I have used "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" as a swear many, many times, but now prefer "WHAT THE FUCK!", or my personal favorite "FUCKING TWAT WAFFLE!"

Also, years ago "Christ on a cracker" was popular, but to show solidarity with other religions, I proclaimed instead "Buddha on a Triscuit". Feel free to use that.
Well, Buddha existed (I'm pretty sure), and Jesus also probably existed (although not the son of a God if he did), but I would still refrain from using those since they don't quite roll of the tongue.

Oh yeah and I forgot to ask, what about using the term 'hell'?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: Exclamations for Atheists "oh my god" etc.?

Post by PsYcHo »

What the hell is wrong with using hell? You could always substitute "fuck", but "hell" is like "fuck"-lite.

Example- Good friend spills your drink- "Hey! What the FUCK!" or "Hey! What the HELL!" The latter sounds less threatening.

It's not like if you use Hell as a swear the Atheist mafia will appear and strip you of your Atheist card.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.