The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Greatest I am
Diet: Vegan

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Post by Greatest I am »

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards
DL
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Re: The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Post by Jebus »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:09 pm The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?
Jesus is a quite common first name in Mexico (and perhaps other Spanish speaking countries). I always wondered why no one considers this offensive. One can't even draw an image or name a teddy bear after Mohammed without risking being killed, so why can one name one's son after him? I'm surprised no one sees this as trying to compare one's son to the great profit.

Is one allowed to name one's dog Mohammed?

Why not name one's son Allah or Yahwei?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Greatest I am

Re: The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Post by Greatest I am »

Jebus wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:46 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:09 pm The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?
Jesus is a quite common first name in Mexico (and perhaps other Spanish speaking countries). I always wondered why no one considers this offensive. One can't even draw an image or name a teddy bear after Mohammed without risking being killed, so why can one name one's son after him? I'm surprised no one sees this as trying to compare one's son to the great profit.

Is one allowed to name one's dog Mohammed?

Why not name one's son Allah or Yahwei?
I do not know the level of Muslim tolerance but have heard of Muslim teacher being chastised for calling a toy bear Mohammad.

The question was more on why Christians do not venerate Jesus by using his name the way Muslims do with Mohammad.

Regards
DL
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:54 amI do not know the level of Muslim tolerance but have heard of Muslim teacher being chastised for calling a toy bear Mohammad.
I referred to that.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:54 amThe question was more on why Christians do not venerate Jesus by using his name the way Muslims do with Mohammad.
They do. I replied to that.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Jebus wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:19 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:54 amI do not know the level of Muslim tolerance but have heard of Muslim teacher being chastised for calling a toy bear Mohammad.
I referred to that.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:54 amThe question was more on why Christians do not venerate Jesus by using his name the way Muslims do with Mohammad.
They do. I replied to that.
They do not as I seldom hear of anyone called Jesus in the West.

Mexico would be the exception to this.

Regards
DL
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:34 pmThey do not as I seldom hear of anyone called Jesus in the West.
In the U.S. Jesus was the 73rd most common baby name in 2005.

http://names.mongabay.com/baby_names/boys250.html
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Jebus wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:40 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:34 pmThey do not as I seldom hear of anyone called Jesus in the West.
In the U.S. Jesus was the 73rd most common baby name in 2005.

http://names.mongabay.com/baby_names/boys250.html
Wold wide perhaps but I have yet to meet a Jesus in person. I have met a lot of Josephs as a first or second name but never a Jesus.

Regards
DL
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Jesus, or Yeshua, is often considered to be god, Muhammad is not. Christian names frequently follow human names from the Bible, such as apostles and other characters. That may be the difference: human names for humans, and god names are forbidden? At least in some cultures.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:14 pm Jesus, or Yeshua, is often considered to be god, Muhammad is not. Christian names frequently follow human names from the Bible, such as apostles and other characters. That may be the difference: human names for humans, and god names are forbidden? At least in some cultures.
Indeed.

True that many Christians say that Jesus is God but he never indicated that he was and if you ask Christians if God can die, they always say no. They then try to sell you on their idiotic Trinity concept that Constantine forced down the churches throat because Roman custom said that emperors could declare themselves to be Gods.

Christianity should be called Romeianity.

Regards
DL