Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Greatest I am
Diet: Vegan

Post by Greatest I am »

The God sold by Christianity say that God has no limits, yet God is limited to only one begotten son. Or is he?

Is there is only one begotten son of God, Jesus, because you can only create one?

All sons of God are creations of your own mind, gleaned from finding your internal spark of God, as described by Jesus, who states clearly that God is within you. Within you can only exist one God and thus only one son of God. That son of God is yourself, should you choose to follow Jesus’ way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLIHeAYm7yE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Are you ready to step up?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

Post by Greatest I am »

Let me add to the question.

If there is only one begotten son, who are the sons of God spoken of in the O.T.?

Who mothered them?

Regards
DL
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:52 pm If there is only one begotten son, who are the sons of God spoken of in the O.T.?
As far as I can tell, Jesus was only speaking metaphorically when he said "father", and that son of god stuff was made up much later to appeal to Greeks who liked legends like Hercules.
He had to be the only one, otherwise Christianity would have some serious competition.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:52 pm If there is only one begotten son, who are the sons of God spoken of in the O.T.?
As far as I can tell, Jesus was only speaking metaphorically when he said "father", and that son of god stuff was made up much later to appeal to Greeks who liked legends like Hercules.
He had to be the only one, otherwise Christianity would have some serious competition.
If Jesus existed at all and was not just the archetypal good man Gnostic Christians think of him as, then as a Jewish Rabbi, it would have been normal for him to call his internal guide and God father.

That same title was used by the majority of sages and thinkers back then form what I hear.

That may be why Jung and Freud named our instinctive center the Father Complex.

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=tqg6WdTGPIyN8QeIgaW4Bw&gws_rd=ssl#q=used+of+father+as+God&spf=1497016498912

Regards
DL