What the hell is going on with Russia?

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

What the hell is going on with Russia?

Post by EquALLity »

During the campaign, there were many freaky things going on with the Trump campaign and Russia... Trump's surrogate (from Moscow) went on TV and said that Russia had NOT seized Crimea. Trump said Putin was a better leader than Obama. People resigned from the Trump campaign due to Russian connections.

Has it stopped? No, it's actually gotten worse. Michael Flynn not only resigned due to Russian connections, but will only testify in court if he is granted immunity - he will only tell the truth about his ties with Russia if he cannot be criminally charged. Which of course prompts the question, if there was nothing nefarious going on, why does he want immunity?

That's just the tip of the iceberg, though. I mean, this stuff is DEEP in the Trump administration. The founder of Blackwater (now Acedemi) had a meeting - in Seychelles - with the leader of UAE and Russian ambassadors. His name is Erik Prince, and unsurprisingly he donated $250,000 to the Trump campaign, and get this - is the brother of Betsy DeVos, Trump's unqualified Secretary of Education. He's friendly with Steve Bannon and is a valued person in the Trump administration.
If you aren't convinced that something is going on by now - a computer of the Trump administration was receiving messages from a Russian bank and a company. What company? It's called Spectrum, and it's a medical chain led by the husband of Betsy DeVos.

So, to any objective person, there is clearly something going on. I don't know what it is, but it's not pretty.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/blackwater-founder-held-secret-seychelles-meeting-to-establish-trump-putin-back-channel/2017/04/03/95908a08-1648-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html?utm_term=.43b223616c4d

What do you guys think? What's going on with Russia and the DeVos family?

Also, on the topic of Russia - Donna Brazile has recently admitted that she did give questions to the Clinton campaign during the primaries. She completely denied it up until this point, saying it was Russian propaganda.
Donna Brazile wrote:Then in October, a subsequent release of emails revealed that among the many things I did in my role as a Democratic operative and D.N.C. Vice Chair prior to assuming the interim D.N.C. Chair position was to share potential town hall topics with the Clinton campaign. I had been working behind the scenes to add more town hall events and debates to the primary calendar, and I helped ensure those events included diverse moderators and addressed topics vital to minority communities. My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen. But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret.
http://time.com/4705515/donna-brazile-russia-emails-clinton/?xid=homepage
So, the DNC collusion has finally been acknowledged by the DNC. CNN acknowledged it before (it wasn't their fault that it happened though), but the DNC wouldn't, and finally has (or at least, Donna Brazile).
That said, it does seem it was released by Russians to Wikileaks, and we know Russia was favoring Trump. But just because something comes from Russians doesn't mean it isn't important. We should examine what is shown in the leak and the motive for the leak, to an extent, separately.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx