This sums up my thoughts on Religion

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

This sums up my thoughts on Religion

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

Taken from the 2012 film Propaganda:

Fear is the engine room of imperial propaganda.

"We cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun, that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud." - George W. Bush

Those who have understood this have manipulated people for centuries, indeed millennia, by manufacturing and controlling religion. The western religions of Judaism, Christianity and Catholicism use a propaganda manual called the Bible. Although it is the same story, each brand claims its version is the best one. As with any advertising, the propagandist knows that there is no idea easier to sell than the idea that you are vastly superior to everyone else. So they tell their followers that they are unique in human history, that they are descended from the first man and first woman and that they are chosen by their supreme creator to rule over all other cultures. To secure the deal, they add the idea of an eternal soul. That way, death doesn't seem so bad and they won't resist being sent to fight against competing brands.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca the Younger

Of course, only the truly ignorant believe that books like the Bible are really the word of God. Religion is horribly, unmistakably human.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction. Jealous and proud of it. A petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak. A vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser. A misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” - Scientist Richard Dawkins

With the use of science, we can now diagnose God as a psychopath with extreme narcissistic personality disorder. He is a character created by humans who sought to control others by naming themselves as prophets of God. While most people who claim to be prophets of God are kept in mental asylums, others make their way into positions of power.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the mighty creator. By defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." - Adolf Hitler

Working in accordance with God isn't just for believers. British Prime Minister Tony Blair turned to Catholicism after killing as many innocent Muslim civilians as possible. Now he can be forgiven for mass murder, and sit next to his God for eternity. All he has to do is sit in a box and confess his sins to a priest. For terrorists like Tony Blair, the Mafia and the IRA, Catholicism is the ideal choice. The Catholic church wholeheartedly supported the Nazis, and with the help of the CIA, continued to protect them after the fall of the Third Reich by passing them along the infamous ratline to safety in America. It also goes out of its way to protect the malignant child abusers who run its operations worldwide. Most of all it protects the Pope, the richest man in the world who travels to Africa pleading for end to poverty, despite never using his own riches to help his most desperate followers. Instead, he promises the poorest that they will be the richest in Heaven.

"This crusade, this war on terrorism, it's gonna take a while." - George W. Bush

This toxic Texan claims God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, so he did, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. He must speak to the same God as his father whose war and sanctions killed millions of innocent civilians in the same place.

"I have said to the people of Iraq that our quarrel was not with them but instead with their leadership and above all with Saddam Hussein. You the people of Iraq are not our enemy. We do not seek your destruction." - George H. W. Bush

This man (George W. Bush) clearly enjoys killing people. Even though he was too scared to fight for his country during the American war of aggression in Vietnam, he broke all records for killing prisoners during his time as a governor of Texas. Such a civilized society America, where this two-term president (Bill Clinton) refused to pardon Ricky Ray Rector from execution, a man so severely retarded, that when the guards interrupted his last meal to lead him to his execution, he assured them it was okay because he would just have to finish it when they got back. Like God, these leaders show no mercy to the weak. Even in their own country, after a devastating hurricane, no mercy for the weak. And here (footage of police beating up a man), no mercy for the weak.

Please tell me your thoughts.