gods truth

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
TheBiPolarAtheist

gods truth

Post by TheBiPolarAtheist »

If God were real, he/she would show himself to everyone at birth, He would state all his/her rules, and there would be no argument.

But as it is, Faith depends on your zip code when you are born, and the people you meet in life.

Believing one persons lie does not make that lie true. It only decreases the chances that people will take you seriously in the future!

:lol: There cannot be a valid rebuttal to this, but please feel free to spout your idiocy if you see fit.
SakiMutou

Re: gods truth

Post by SakiMutou »

In my experience talking to Christians, they would say that God has already given everyone the knowledge he exists. Everyone born is born with a sense of morality and a sense of purpose, which means his rules and his desires for how to live your life ARE known to you. It doesn't matter IF you believe, but without God, there could be no rules set in us. However, by free will or sin, we've ignored God's calling to him and we pretend we don't know God's rules. So you see the Christian can have his cake and eat it too.
TheBiPolarAtheist

well they start with the assumption there book is pure fact, and i do not. after reading them a few passages they (if there iq is over 50) should be able to see how evil it really is, and if not, i move on i do not have the time to argue with children. if they ever grow up, and open their eyes, maybe we can be friends, till then, they are only spreading hate. But, id also argue to a christian that if your argument were true, then there would be no hindus, or muslims. Everyone would be Christians.
BigRed

Post by BigRed »

Jesus' Resume...WHAT DID HE DO?
What did Jesus ever do, that we can see, to improve the lives of mankind?
As a Prophet, what prophecies did Jesus ever make that have been fulfilled?
Jesus was a charismatic orator....he said some great sayings.....but what did he ever do?
IMO, all we have from Jesus are unfulfilled promises. We have nothing concrete that we can see. Did Jesus die for your sins? How can you tell if he did or not? How can you tell if you still have sins or not?

BigRed
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin
Diet: Vegan

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

TheBiPolarAtheist wrote:If God were real, he/she would show himself to everyone at birth, He would state all his/her rules, and there would be no argument.
I don't think that would be necessarily so. A god could have a reason to not show himself to everyone at birth.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

TheBiPolarAtheist wrote: But, id also argue to a christian that if your argument were true, then there would be no hindus, or muslims. Everyone would be Christians.
Well regardless of what they say is true or not people would still have faith in their own religions. I mean look at us (Atheist) I'm sure we have more reason and proof to be Atheist more than ANY religion could ever have, yet they still choose to believe in a dogma(s).
She's beautiful...
TheBiPolarAtheist

TheVeganAtheist wrote:
TheBiPolarAtheist wrote:If God were real, he/she would show himself to everyone at birth, He would state all his/her rules, and there would be no argument.
I don't think that would be necessarily so. A god could have a reason to not show himself to everyone at birth.
well blind faith is for idiots and i have a brain. and my brain tells me that anything so powerful as to make everything and have rules or we all burn in hellfire forever, would actually state those rules so is there no argument and everyone goes the path of the father. I choose to not believe a single work a MAN says about a GOD.. because he is not a god, and this "god" of this day talks to no one. So i call bullshit.. simple as.
Aeterna Vernis

Post by Aeterna Vernis »

The truth (as I see it) is that the one thing we ALL have in common is logical biases (thinking errors). A clever person can see just how stupid they really are by seeing the mistakes we make in our thoughts, opinions and beliefs. A STUPID person (for use of a better word) thinks that they are SMART and that their thoughts, opinions and beliefs are based on true evidence and facts. With this in mind I have found theists focus on what they believe are facts, evidence and examples that reinforce their belief and thoughts (conformation biases) and ignore the conflicting evidence, facts and comments that go against their belief

It’s because of conformation bias that many theists I have encountered responded with stating that god does show himself through the miracle of birth, the “perfect” world that was created for us and the countless “unexplained” things that we still don’t understand, whilst subsequently ignoring the scientific evidence that we have observed, the contradiction in their evidence and probably the most ironic of them all, the use of the “atheist” arguments to disprove other theist beliefs

Of course which god shows himself to you (and is all around for you to see) is heavily influenced by your culture, upbringing and level of education. The problem we all have is believing that we are right without really questioning it. Whether its religion, eating meat or your political view. I feel we need to teach people HOW to think and not WHAT to think to enable us all to move forward and truly review theist belief and evidence
Nivesh

Post by Nivesh »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:
I am very interested: What would be the reason?
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

Nivesh wrote:
TheVeganAtheist wrote:
I am very interested: What would be the reason?
The reason for that would be "free will"
She's beautiful...