OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 what do you think about them?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Neptual
Diet: Vegan

Re: OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 what do you think about them?

Post by Neptual »

Volenta wrote:
dan1073 wrote:
Volenta wrote:That's what I would call a small screen. What Mac do you have?

I'm going to wait with installing it, because of third party apps compatibility.
I'm using my Macbook 2010 edition. I usually am on my iMac but how could you tell the difference?
What do you mean? The screenshot is 1280x800, so it's quite obvious, right?

I myself also have an iMac, and a MacBook Pro retina.

So, how are you enjoying it so far? Or did you turn back to Mavericks?
I'm loving Yosemite! For a Beta 1 it's working out pretty well so far.
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Is it actually stable enough to use? I would like to try it out, but I can't take the risk that the apps I use to create videos and do work won't work properly.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:Is it actually stable enough to use? I would like to try it out, but I can't take the risk that the apps I use to create videos and do work won't work properly.
While some apps work with it not all of them do. I'm currently having to use a PC to edit all of my videos since Adobe After Effects isn't working. I'm not too sure what other apps don't work though, and it's some time experimental to open up .dmg files at times. Other than that it's quite nice.
She's beautiful...
Taman Shud

Post by Taman Shud »

I personally think that the icons look worse than the current look of Mavericks.

I just bought a Mac a few months back after being with Windows my entire computing life. I don't mind Mac, but I never had a stability problem with Windows either, but I stuck with Windows XP for as long as I could and when the decision was made to buy a new computer I have to admit that all the "bitching" about Windows 8 had an effect on me that made me decide to try Mac. So, I guess I'm a newbie and really haven't tried everything Mac has to offer.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

Taman Shud wrote:I personally think that the icons look worse than the current look of Mavericks.

I just bought a Mac a few months back after being with Windows my entire computing life. I don't mind Mac, but I never had a stability problem with Windows either, but I stuck with Windows XP for as long as I could and when the decision was made to buy a new computer I have to admit that all the "bitching" about Windows 8 had an effect on me that made me decide to try Mac. So, I guess I'm a newbie and really haven't tried everything Mac has to offer.
I've been using macs since the iBook g4 came out and stuck with it ever since. I built a PC because I went through a point where all I wanted to was play games (not saying macs can't play games it's just the majority of them are on Windows) and eventually went back to it.

Honestly before I start a flame wars over Mac vs PC it all depends on what you're using it for.
*Mac great for video/picture editing
*PC great for business and playing games
She's beautiful...