My experience creating a Youtube video

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: My experience creating a Youtube video

Post by Red »

By the way, what program did you buy? After Effects? Because that sounds expensive. To be honest, for starters I would use normal video editing programs, there are usually ones that are already on the computer, like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. But better get started wit the complicated stuff now so you get a bigger start, I guess. I usually use iMovie. It's not terrible, but there are a lot of limitations that prevent me from doing some things. And what Mic do you use? I would start off with an input mic, it's basic, but it doesn't absorb as much audio as more sophisticated ones. I recommend getting a stronger mic like a Blue yeti mic later (like 3-4 years)when you are more active of a video maker.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Neptual
Diet: Vegan

Re: My experience creating a Youtube video

Post by Neptual »

RedAppleGP wrote:By the way, what program did you buy? After Effects? Because that sounds expensive. To be honest, for starters I would use normal video editing programs, there are usually ones that are already on the computer, like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. But better get started wit the complicated stuff now so you get a bigger start, I guess. I usually use iMovie. It's not terrible, but there are a lot of limitations that prevent me from doing some things. And what Mic do you use? I would start off with an input mic, it's basic, but it doesn't absorb as much audio as more sophisticated ones. I recommend getting a stronger mic like a Blue yeti mic later (like 3-4 years)when you are more active of a video maker.
I "bought" various software. I took some suggestions from TVGA and used Apple Motion. As you can see being used in my intro video. My second video on the other hand was simply put together on the fly since I didn't have much time to edit the video. I was using a different microphone aside from my main one, and as a result the quality has come out crappy. I'm currently still trying to find time to make videos (college and such) so I'll do my best to re-edit that video.
She's beautiful...