Best phone carrier?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.

Which is the best phone carrier?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:19 pm

T-Mobile
50%
AT&T
No votes
Verizon
50%
Sprint
No votes

Total votes: 2

Neptual
Diet: Vegan

Best phone carrier?

Post by Neptual »

I don't know what phone companies people have outside of the US/Canada but around here the main competitors are AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile. I personally have just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile considering that I can upgrade every 6 months with T-Mobile JUMP! and that I have unlimited talk, text, and data with no overages. Along side of that I have no contract :D

So I want to hear from you, what phone carrier do you think is the best? Please pick a choice in the poll, and if a phone carrier that I have listed and stated if not there please tell what phone carrier you use and your experiences with it.
She's beautiful...
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Best phone carrier?

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Can you find a smaller carrier in your area?

Sometimes there are niche companies that piggyback on the other carries, and offer more basic service a lot cheaper.

Or, my favorite phone service: Wifi + Skype :)
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

I currently have T-mobile, and it's working fine for me. But all this subscriptions of these big phone companies are much too expensive for what you get. I almost never call someone when traveling or not at home, and I don't need internet a lot (although I love to have it). It's almost 2 years for me now, and I'm probably going to try this thing where you have a SIM card with prepaid for calling, and a daily subscription to use the internet for half a euro (0.68 dollar) if you feel like it.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Oh, one thing that comes to mind with these carriers:

Because I've always used pre-paid plans, I would get spam text messages and calls, and it would use up all of my credit. &@#%*!

That's why I stopped using phones.

Have any of them stopped charging for incoming calls and texts?
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Oh, one thing that comes to mind with these carriers:

Because I've always used pre-paid plans, I would get spam text messages and calls, and it would use up all of my credit. &@#%*!

That's why I stopped using phones.

Have any of them stopped charging for incoming calls and texts?
I'm not too sure about other companies but I know T-Mobile gives you unlimited talk and text and data automatically.
She's beautiful...