Share Your Recent Video Game Experiences

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Lightningman_42
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: Share Your Recent Video Game Experiences

Post by Lightningman_42 »

I finished Mass Effect Andromeda yesterday evening. Such a satisfying conclusion to an exciting adventure. I'm kind of sad it's all over. I doubt that there will be any DLC or sequels, given recent events at Bioware, and all of the hate that this game has been getting.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

Any other Witcher fans out there? 11 days ago, I finished two Witcher stories, and was satisfied with both.

Witcher: Blood of Elves is an entertaining read, but not spectacular. I'm currently reading the second Witcher novel, Witcher: Time of Contempt.
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt really is spectacular. It ranks right up there with some of the other best games I've played, like Skyrim, Fallout 4, and the Mass Effect quadrilogy.

I highly recommend this game for anyone who likes open-world RPGs set in richly-detailed medieval-fantasy settings. Interesting, complex characters. Many seemingly different story lines eventually come together to reveal the full story.

Also, yesterday the original Witcher game turned 10! This video* is a brilliant way to celebrate the tenth anniversary of it!

CD Project Red certainly know how to show respect to their fans, unlike certain other game developers. I suppose there's no need to name names, {cough} {cough} Bioware {cough}.

Happy birthday, Geralt of Rivia!

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSAhRqg8uQ
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

I own all three Witcher games on Steam, I just need a rig to play them on, haha. That's probably going to be early next year, then I'll start the first one.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

I played a Pokemon game for the first time a few weeks ago.......

and i'm still playing the damn game because after the initial beating, I have to find seven sages and I've got stuff to do....

Not a bad game. The fact low level enemies can attack is tedious, but "Repel" keep them away.

Surprisingly complicated from what I expected. (SO many stones that level up characters I don't use. And I haven't used google (yet) to progress in the game)
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Devid Villa

Post by Devid Villa »

For few months I am playing "Teen Patti" a lot. Actually I am enjoying this game a lot. Does anyone play this game yet?
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Devid Villa wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:40 am For few months I am playing "Teen Patti" a lot. Actually I am enjoying this game a lot. Does anyone play this game yet?
What's it like?

I just started Luigi's Mansion, and I'm pretty impressed on the gameplay.

And nice to meet you, btw. Welcome to the forum! :D
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.