The Tavern

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: The Tavern

Post by PsYcHo »

So, did anybody else know that Neil Degrasse Tyson has a radio show? Star talk.

Despite never having seen the show, I know that Kardashians exists (gag), but I didn't know the most famous astrophysicist has his own damn show!

Am I the only one just learning this??!
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

PsYcHo wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am So, did anybody else know that Neil Degrasse Tyson has a radio show? Star talk.
I think I've heard that, but I'm not really a fan of his.
PsYcHo wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am I vaguely recall something I heard about quantum physics/ or string theory that says basically the entire life and death of the universe happened in a split second.
That has to do with quantum mechanics, if you treat the universe as a vacuum fluctuation. It's kind of meaningless, though, because we'd be talking about a very different reference frame.
It's more of a bong moment for physics undergrads, I wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)
PsYcHo wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am Our existence has already been determined, but we are processing it on a slower rate than it actually occurs, since time is an abstract concept we accept due to limitations in our primate brains.
Time can not be processed slower than time; c sets some pretty absolute relationships between space and time.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

PsYcHo wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am So, did anybody else know that Neil Degrasse Tyson has a radio show? Star talk.

Despite never having seen the show, I know that Kardashians exists (gag), but I didn't know the most famous astrophysicist has his own damn show!

Am I the only one just learning this??!
Yea I knew. I don't think it's a very good podcast though.

There's an ecomodernist podcast too!
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Generally Acceptable

Post by Generally Acceptable »

I have this extension on my browser that allows me to donate a cent to a charity of my choice for every tab I open.
http://tab.gladly.io/
Any thoughts?
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Does it discourage you from opening new tabs?
With my browsing behavior, that could bankrupt me. ;)
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 am Does it discourage you from opening new tabs?
It doesn't make you donate, but it shows an ad and then their sponsors donate the money.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

miniboes wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:03 am
brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 am Does it discourage you from opening new tabs?
It doesn't make you donate, but it shows an ad and then their sponsors donate the money.
Oooh. Totally misunderstood that description.
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

So the pizza chain Pizza Pizza recently came out with Vegan cheese and it's actually very good. I like the texture better than Daiya and the taste is a little bit better too, for pizza that is, I don't think it'd work as well for macaroni/cheese like Daiya does.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Dream Sphere wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:27 pm So the pizza chain Pizza Pizza recently came out with Vegan cheese and it's actually very good. I like the texture better than Daiya and the taste is a little bit better too, for pizza that is, I don't think it'd work as well for macaroni/cheese like Daiya does.
They use violife. Probably this one:
http://www.violifefoods.com/violife-for-pizza-mozzarella-flavour/
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 pm
Dream Sphere wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:27 pm So the pizza chain Pizza Pizza recently came out with Vegan cheese and it's actually very good. I like the texture better than Daiya and the taste is a little bit better too, for pizza that is, I don't think it'd work as well for macaroni/cheese like Daiya does.
They use violife. Probably this one:
http://www.violifefoods.com/violife-for-pizza-mozzarella-flavour/
Yep, that's the one. I went to my local "health" food store to see if they had any for homemade pizza, but they unfortunately didn't have it. I could probably order it online or something, so I don't need help with that. And, I must reiterate that the texture is a lot better than Daiya when it comes to pizza's cheese's texture.