The Tavern

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: The Tavern

Post by brimstoneSalad »

EquALLity wrote:Hey, an icon. Great! :D
I think it's always been on the main site. It was just moved over for the forum.

Although I almost feel like it should be a green A.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Gay marriage is legalized everywhere in the United States! :D
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

That's great, definitely expected, but a relief to hear.

It makes me wonder about those four jerks who voted against it.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

brimstoneSalad wrote: It makes me wonder about those four jerks who voted against it.
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/06/2 ... -equality/

Some of these dissenting quotes...
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

I hope that this group is satirical: https://www.facebook.com/groups/286845987998291/

Update: Ah, it's got to be. Here's a quote:
STAND UP FOR HILLARY
Our beloved Hillary is being attacked for "credibility", whatever that means. Now is the time to arise. All those who love Hillary have a duty to come forward and explain the reasons why she should be president. Let me provide the first reason.
HILLARY HAS A UTERUS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

I just had a funny experience with a deer.

There were two deer (parent and child) who were eating from plants in the backyard. They saw me looking at them through the mostly clear door, and gave me that deer stare, but resumed eating. The parent went out of sight for a bit, but the baby deer stayed where (s)he was, and gave me a couple of looks. Then, I decided to open the door, so that there was only a screen separating me from outside. The deer looked at me, and I called out "hi!" and "hello!". The deer walked towards me a bit. I decided to start mimicking some of the deer's motions. When the deer shook his or her head, I shook mine, and possibly in response, the deer shook his or her head even harder. I don't know if that is just a coincidence, but it still cracked me up.

The deer kept getting closer, and I kept talking, but eventually, for some reason, the deer went into the woods (still looking at me). When the parent showed up again, I called out, and the parent looked at me, but proceeded to go to the child and they both ended up leaving.

Hah... It probably sounds uninteresting, but it was fun while it was happening.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

EquALLity wrote:Hah... It probably sounds uninteresting, but it was fun while it was happening.
That must've been a great experience, there are sadly no deer where I live.

I had a slightly similar experience yesterday, where I finally got my biggest Koi to eat from my hand. Haven't been able to do it again though.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Deer are fun to watch, they can be pretty curious, particularly the young ones. Deer can come pretty close if they aren't scared off by something.

Some animals can be just as curious and interested in looking at humans as humans are in looking at them.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

miniboes wrote: I had a slightly similar experience yesterday, where I finally got my biggest Koi to eat from my hand. Haven't been able to do it again though.
That sounds really cool.

Can you post pictures of the Koi? :D
brimstoneSalad wrote:Deer are fun to watch, they can be pretty curious, particularly the young ones. Deer can come pretty close if they aren't scared off by something.
I wish they didn't get scared off so easily.

Yeah, I was excited when the parent was out of sight, because the adult deer seem to get spooked so easily. I figured that the young one would be more "open-minded" and curious.

Maybe I should try this, or something: http://everyday-adventurer.blogspot.com ... -deer.html
Article wrote:6. Keep Your Arms Down - Another thing I learned from the horse guy. If you keep your arms down, you look a little smaller. If you raise your arms, a deer doesn't see just arms. A deer sees a pair of claws, and a big cat ready to pounce. It's an instinctive thing for a deer to think of raised hands or paws as a danger sign.
Oh, maybe I shouldn't have been waving...
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

EquALLity wrote:
miniboes wrote: I had a slightly similar experience yesterday, where I finally got my biggest Koi to eat from my hand. Haven't been able to do it again though.
That sounds really cool.

Can you post pictures of the Koi? :D
Sure: https://imgur.com/a/UlReS
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum