The Tavern

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: The Tavern

Post by EquALLity »

RedAppleGP wrote:With the popular definition.
That's pretty subjective. Can you just explain what you mean by it?
RedAppleGP wrote:Why what?
I can see why people would see a connection between Nietzsche and Nazi Germany.
RedAppleGP wrote:I thought the winky face pointed out that it was sarcasm.. Anyway, I'm not sure how we should. I'm just saying it's the weak that are keeping us from achieving the "Superman" state, as Friedrich said.
I'm not really good at detecting your sarcasm, am I? :P

What makes you think that? What are you basing this theory that 'the weak' are bringing us down on? What are you referring to specifically that has negative consequences?
RedAppleGP wrote: As charitable as my ego says I am, I wouldn't appreciate paying the government to pay the people who don't want to bother to work. Then again, I've never paid taxes (except when buying some stuff), so what do I know?
That's fine, but that's not most people on welfare... Living on welfare alone is very difficult. No people want to have to skip meals and struggle to provide for their families. There's no motive for people to take advantage of the system that would explain it happening in any significant way.
RedAppleGP wrote:I'm not sure how big the problem is, so I'll do some sub-par research.
(2 minutes later)
If my research is correct, about 35% of Murkans live on welfare.
Now about the percentage of tax dollars that goes to welfare, I'm not so sure. Many sources I have read have contradicting claims, but 2 out of the 3 that I looked up say it's about 12%. From some other research, it says that the average middle-class citizen gets about 35% of their annual salary taxed. Now to do some math that I have no interest in doing.. I'll get back to you on that.
I think you're conflating two things here- people on welfare and people on welfare who aren't looking for jobs.

A lot of people are on welfare, yeah. But according to you, they aren't the problem- the people not looking for work who are on welfare are the problem. These statistics don't apply to those people.
RedAppleGP wrote:Why would they need welfare if they got jobs?
Because the minimum wage is so low that people can't provide for their families.
RedAppleGP wrote:I was referring to the blokes who decide to live on welfare.
So the people on welfare who don't look for work?

Those people are not where most of the welfare money is going to.
RedAppleGP wrote:Food stamps seem to help, what's your point
You asked what food stamps are... :P
RedAppleGP wrote:I thought it was obvious I wasn't being serious when I added "whatever works for you".
I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶u̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
RedAppleGP wrote:Bingo. I mean, what's a little rough play between two good buddies? Or violent video games or movies? From my research, it seems that video games seem to release stress. But I don't know.
If two friends are joking around, that's very different from one kid harassing the other.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

EquALLity wrote: That's pretty subjective. Can you just explain what you mean by it?
PC Principal.
EquALLity wrote: I can see why people would see a connection between Nietzsche and Nazi Germany.
You mean like that time I won that trip to Mexico with Gary Coleman?
EquALLity wrote: I'm not really good at detecting your sarcasm, am I? :P
depends.
EquALLity wrote: What makes you think that? What are you basing this theory that 'the weak' are bringing us down on? What are you referring to specifically that has negative consequences?
Well, survival of the fittest. We're deciding to keep everyone alive, even the unproductive. I'm no sure, but I don't think any advancements can be made with people who aren't bothering to do anything.
EquALLity wrote: That's fine, but that's not most people on welfare... Living on welfare alone is very difficult. No people want to have to skip meals and struggle to provide for their families. There's no motive for people to take advantage of the system that would explain it happening in any significant way.
For the record, when I refer to"the weak", it doesn't just apply to those on welfare. Plus, if brim is right, a minimum wage job can run you pretty well (even though here in New York they're raising it by 5 bucks. Guess who's paying for it? Anyway, people here are going to be even better off now.), as long as you don't make bad decisions. I'm not against welfare as a whole. Welfare is there you keep you alive until you find work, from my understanding. Living off it to me is deplorable.
EquALLity wrote: I think you're conflating two things here- people on welfare and people on welfare who aren't looking for jobs.
I was?
EquALLity wrote: A lot of people are on welfare, yeah. But according to you, they aren't the problem- the people not looking for work who are on welfare are the problem. These statistics don't apply to those people.
Yes, to the former, and why not to the latter.
EquALLity wrote: Because the minimum wage is so low that people can't provide for their families.
That is probably spawned from bad decision making, as brim pointed out. I've read somewhere that the poor tend to have bigger families due to a lack of education (which actually explains a lot). Then again I've also read that starlight gives you cancer, so who knows.
EquALLity wrote: So the people on welfare who don't look for work?

Those people are not where most of the welfare money is going to.
Then why not explain to me where it goes?
EquALLity wrote:You asked what food stamps are... :P
and?
EquALLity wrote: I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶u̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
Why'd you cross that out?
EquALLity wrote: If two friends are joking around,
I didn't say joking.
EquALLity wrote: that's very different from one kid harassing the other.
You don't think I know that? Geez, this is more awkward than the time I tried ecstasy.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

The Starbucks barista was vegan!

I think that's the second vegan I've ever met, and the only one who wasn't vegan because of my influence. :D
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

How did you find out?
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

RedAppleGP wrote:How did you find out?
I asked her if they had anything vegan or that could be made vegan, and she mentioned I could get most of the flavors. She said that the flavors have sugar, that she's vegan, and that she knows some vegans don't have sugar though.

I got a soy latte with hazelnut flavot btw. They're really good, if you ever go to Starbucks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Ha, you have Snapchat.
Edited to add:
Wait, why are you drinking coffee? You're still in high school..

Anyways, I saw a bit of that movie from 2011, God Bless America, and Frank gives a pretty interesting speech. What do you guys think aboot it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_J9C2XoGO0
-Leonardo da Vinci
Insert name here

Post by Insert name here »

RedAppleGP wrote:Wait, why are you drinking coffee? You're still in high school..
Are you unaware that it is relatively common for highschoolers to drink coffee?
Insert signature here.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Insert name here wrote:
RedAppleGP wrote:Wait, why are you drinking coffee? You're still in high school..
Are you unaware that it is relatively common for highschoolers to drink coffee?
Yeah. :P

I actually try to avoid coffee for the most part, except decaf, because the caffeine can make me irritable & I don't want to become dependent.
Even the decaf has caffeine, though, so at home I've been using something called Teeccino.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

So this is the most convoluted example of fraud mixed with animal cruelty I have ever seen.http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/latest-mafia-racket-torching-cats-to-start-forest-fires-gbq5pfnvl

Da fuq?
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

RedAppleGP wrote: Anyways, I saw a bit of that movie from 2011, God Bless America, and Frank gives a pretty interesting speech. What do you guys think aboot it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_J9C2XoGO0
Is there a crowdfunding site for his phone idea?
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.