Call of Duty Advanced Warfare SUCKS

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare SUCKS

Post by Red »

You can tell that they were running out of ideas when making a title, but that's beside the point. IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE PREVIOUS 12. Only difference being are new graphics, slightly different weapons, and new characters in the same storyline. Paying $60 or more for the same game every November is obviously not worth it. My friend gave it to me for free, and saying that I popped in my XBOX and being excited to play it would be a flat out lie. Well what do you guys think?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: Call of Duty Advanced Warfare SUCKS

Post by miniboes »

RedAppleGP wrote:IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE PREVIOUS 12.
You know, if a developer releases 11 identical games the probability of the game not being identical to the previous is not very significant. It surprises me people still buy CoD games.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

miniboes wrote:
RedAppleGP wrote:IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE PREVIOUS 12.
You know, if a developer releases 11 identical games the probability of the game not being identical to the previous is not very significant. It surprises me people still buy CoD games.
Point taken. .
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

They buy them for the updated graphics and faster gameplay, and also somewhat as an excuse to begin playing again, and show off to friends.

Like why people buy HDTVs. I think it's insane. I'm happy with a 200-something pixel web video. As long as I can tell what's going on, really.

It's also not unlike why people watch movie remakes. Same plot, but there are a few minor adjustments that make it "new", and that in itself is considered valuable (perhaps slightly better cinematics, slightly faster and more dramatic music, modern actors, etc.).
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Quick Update: My friends have the New Call of Doodie, and they're claiming it's amazing. I dunno how many times I have told them, it's the same thing as Call of Duty 1! They claim it has a lot of new features, like new guns. The guns sound like paintball guns, because hey, it's the future! 75% of the fucking maps are the same ones from Black Ops, and the newest thing is probably some new small features in Multiplayer, but that's about it. Ugh, I really need some new friends.
-Leonardo da Vinci
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Hey, if they enjoy it that's great for them. The place where I learned English was actually a Call of Duty modern warfare I community, people who were all of the opinion that the only good CoD game is modern warfare and enjoy it to this day. I don't know, it bored me after a year or so of sucking at it. I guess the mechanics of CoD are just very appealing to some people.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

RedAppleGP wrote:Quick Update: My friends have the New Call of Doodie, and they're claiming it's amazing. I dunno how many times I have told them, it's the same thing as Call of Duty 1! They claim it has a lot of new features, like new guns. The guns sound like paintball guns, because hey, it's the future! 75% of the fucking maps are the same ones from Black Ops, and the newest thing is probably some new small features in Multiplayer, but that's about it. Ugh, I really need some new friends.
I can guess that they probably consider it an improvement mostly due to how disliked (even among the more fanatical CoD community) the previous CoD, CoD: Ghosts was compared to the new CoD: AF. Though, I've heard CoD: AF's online play (at least on some of the platforms) has game breaking lag at points not on the player's side, I'd guess it either stems from server issues, or the coding for the game's online component was somehow quite flawed, maybe even a combination of the two.

I personally like CoD's gameplay, but would never buy every annual release of the game. I treat CoD the same way I do sports and racing video games in that I'll only buy one of the better recent ones brand new if they either add something substantial that is of interest to me, which isn't very likely. Otherwise, which is often the case, I'll only buy a new one every 3 to 5 years for the graphical update and to have an easier time joining online matches, since the CoD from 5 years ago won't have nearly the same size of people playing all the game modes it offers online as the most recent 3 CoDs.