Zombies and leadership

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Twizelby
Diet: Vegan

Zombies and leadership

Post by Twizelby »

So I may be vegan but I fu**** love zombies. My question to the forum is. In the wake of a Zombie outbreak, would you prefer a dictatorship or a democracy?
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Re: Zombies and leadership

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Twizelby wrote:So I may be vegan but I fu**** love zombies. My question to the forum is. In the wake of a Zombie outbreak, would you prefer a dictatorship or a democracy?
Im oddly fascinated with zombies too!

Democracy or dictatorship. Well if movies are to be believed, both have their failings. Id love for their to be a democracy, but i think we would all get turned if we had to wait for politicians to make a decision.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Twizelby

Post by Twizelby »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:
Twizelby wrote:So I may be vegan but I fu**** love zombies. My question to the forum is. In the wake of a Zombie outbreak, would you prefer a dictatorship or a democracy?

Democracy or dictatorship. Well if movies are to be believed, both have their failings. Id love for their to be a democracy, but i think we would all get turned if we had to wait for politicians to make a decision.
Lol I didn't know the Koch brothers would be so influential in the zombie apocalypse.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Twizelby wrote:
TheVeganAtheist wrote:

Lol I didn't know the Koch brothers would be so influential in the zombie apocalypse.
im not following. What do you mean?
Twizelby

Post by Twizelby »

In the US the congress has so much influential money floating around that's why nothing gets done. Earmarks on bills that should pass make it impossible to make substantive change. The Koch brothers here essentially fund anything anti environmental and actively repress anything about global warming. So as far as I can tell the greatest problem with democracy is the way outside money corrupts the politician and slows any progress. In a small commune in a zombie apocalypse I don't think that votes would be influenced by anything other than canned beans and cigarettes. So Democracy would be greatly expedited with less interests like the koch brothers. (I think you are from Canada are the Koch brothers a topic on your news? they must be if they are funding the Pipeline.)
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

I see. Ive heard of the Koch brothers, but I have not followed news items regarding them.
In a zombie apocalypse, the reason i see democracy creating a potential problem is that often immediate action is required, and if we would spend too much time deliberating and coming to a consensus on an important issue, we may get overrun before a decision is made.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

I'd prefer ANARCHY >:D. Just kidding. I'd most likely prefer there not to be a government but either way there's going to be someone that think's they're in-charge as seen on Survivors (don't get me started on that show it sucks that they never ended it :x ).
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

anyone else wonder how long it would take zombies to naturally stop being animated (i wanted to say "die" but they are already dead)? Purely from a biological perspective, a zombie would still need some level of water and calories to continue to move... if they failed to get enough they would dry up and wither away.

I haven't seen this addressed in movies or tv shows. Wouldn't the vast majority of zombies dry up within the first year (if not sooner)?
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:anyone else wonder how long it would take zombies to naturally stop being animated (i wanted to say "die" but they are already dead)? Purely from a biological perspective, a zombie would still need some level of water and calories to continue to move... if they failed to get enough they would dry up and wither away.

I haven't seen this addressed in movies or tv shows. Wouldn't the vast majority of zombies dry up within the first year (if not sooner)?
True, but you could argue that zombies that are severely injured (and that cannot fight back) would be eaten by other zombies. Altough, if the rest of humanity barricaded itself in a giant place or in different bunkers, the zombies would either go extinct eating each other or they wouldn't have enough energy left to move. Also, zombies cannot procreate. So even if the entire humanity was turned into zombies, after a while they'd go extinct (unless of course zombies had some kind of intelligence and would be able to cultivate, which seems unlikely in the first place).
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

you don't see zombies eating zombies in movies... they eat dead non-animated humans, but i can't think of a time where a zombie actually eats another.