Peanut Butter- Bug Parts?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Peanut Butter- Bug Parts?

Post by Red »

Aw c'mon mate, whyd'ja do it? I mean, I'm not gonna get on your case for eating something from flies, but if you didn't have to do it, why?
Plus, y'know, that doesn't sound very, sanitary.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

EquALLity wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 pm Really wanted olive oil though. :/
RIP. I'm probably going to get mad fly disease. :)
I would maybe move it to another container and make sure there aren't any dead flies in it... and maybe not eat it without cooking it.
How long was the container open?
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:09 pm
EquALLity wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 pm Really wanted olive oil though. :/
RIP. I'm probably going to get mad fly disease. :)
I would maybe move it to another container and make sure there aren't any dead flies in it... and maybe not eat it without cooking it.
How long was the container open?
It wasn't open, it had a cap on. If it was open with flies all over the top then I wouldn't have eaten it. That'd just be crazy.

Yeah, I can't because it's not mine. >.< They should though. They don't even have it in the cabinet, it's just sitting outside... :lol:
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

RedAppleGP wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:54 pm Aw c'mon mate, whyd'ja do it? I mean, I'm not gonna get on your case for eating something from flies, but if you didn't have to do it, why?
Because it's the only olive oil there, and I really wanted olive oil... xD Shit. Yeah, I didn't really think about the sanitary aspect until after...
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

EquALLity wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 pm
RedAppleGP wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:54 pm Aw c'mon mate, whyd'ja do it? I mean, I'm not gonna get on your case for eating something from flies, but if you didn't have to do it, why?
Because it's the only olive oil there, and I really wanted olive oil... xD Shit. Yeah, I didn't really think about the sanitary aspect until after...
Gonna be honest here, I'm not too much of a fan of olive oil. I mean, I don't mind it, I'll eat the food if it has olive oil in it, but if I could choose, I'd not include it. Plus, it's too greasy-feeling and it gets everywhere.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

RedAppleGP wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:10 pm
EquALLity wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 pm
Gonna be honest here, I'm not too much of a fan of olive oil. I mean, I don't mind it, I'll eat the food if it has olive oil in it, but if I could choose, I'd not include it. Plus, it's too greasy-feeling and it gets everywhere.
Ok. xD I like it tho
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

EquALLity wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm It wasn't open, it had a cap on. If it was open with flies all over the top then I wouldn't have eaten it. That'd just be crazy.
I thought you said a fly came out of it? Maybe it just flew by, or off the top, and it looked like it came out?
Hard to imagine a fly would have survived in the olive oil container if it was closed.
It's probably fine.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:18 pm
EquALLity wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm It wasn't open, it had a cap on. If it was open with flies all over the top then I wouldn't have eaten it. That'd just be crazy.
I thought you said a fly came out of it? Maybe it just flew by, or off the top, and it looked like it came out?
Hard to imagine a fly would have survived in the olive oil container if it was closed.
It's probably fine.
Oooh, no, I meant I was pouring the oil onto the plate, and at one point a dead oil fly came out with the oil. It probably drowned in the oil before, it wasn't alive. If a fly flew out then I wouldn't have eaten it... I'm not that unsanitary. :P
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

EquALLity wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:34 pm Oooh, no, I meant I was pouring the oil onto the plate, and at one point a dead oil fly came out with the oil. It probably drowned in the oil before, it wasn't alive.
Eeeew, that's worse. All the bacteria from its corpse was just in the oil.
Are there more flies in the oil? Can you see in the bottle?
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 am
EquALLity wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:34 pm Oooh, no, I meant I was pouring the oil onto the plate, and at one point a dead oil fly came out with the oil. It probably drowned in the oil before, it wasn't alive.
Eeeew, that's worse. All the bacteria from its corpse was just in the oil.
Are there more flies in the oil? Can you see in the bottle?
Yeah, but I poured quite a bit of oil with no flies, and the part that the fly fell from didn't actually touch the food or other oil.
It's fiiiine...

I don't know, I could look. It'll probably be too dark to see though.