New Music Releases 2018 (Maybe My Favourite Year Since Actively Looking For New Music)

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Dream Sphere
Diet: Vegan

New Music Releases 2018 (Maybe My Favourite Year Since Actively Looking For New Music)

Post by Dream Sphere »

So, this year has so far been amazing to me in terms of new music releases.

What are some music releases from this year which any of you are digging?

Here's my list of albums which I've liked enough to buy, from this year.

Watain - Trident Wolf Eclipse
Summoning - With Doom We Come
In Vain - Currents
Visigoth - Conqueror's Oath
Augury - Illusive Golden Age
Judicator - The Last Emperor
Kalmah - Palo
Aura Noir - Aura Noire
Vyre - Weltformel
Amorphis - Queen of Time
Ihsahn - Amr
Thy Catafalque - Geometria
Ritual Necromancy - Disinterred Horror
Cor Scorpii - Ruin
Wallachia - Monumental Heresy

Looking forward to Vreid's, Dammerfarben's, Blutvial's, and Sigh's new releases among others not confirmed for but likely to release this year.

If you haven't liked any releases from this year, which is the most recent release which you liked?

My list has a fair variety of metal, so I would be willing to recommend some select songs from these to anyone interested, I know there isn't really something for everyone here, but I think people who are into rock and maybe some metal like Jebus may enjoy a handful of these.

Feel free to post what you're enjoying from this year, it doesn't need to be metal or rock, it can be any music from this year that you like, or the few most recent releases you like if there aren't any from this year.

As a side note, I used to be a big CD buyer, but have switched to buying most of my music digitally. But given that I've liked this year so much, I've been wanting to get CDs for these new releases. I'm putting this out there because if someone knows that CDs are that much worse for the environment in production/shipping/eventual disposal than digital, then I would be open to being persuaded to stick to digital from here on out. Tbh, I don't need some exact number of how much worse it is, I guess I just need to hear it from someone else for me to really gain the willpower/pressure to forgoe physical copies of these albums that I like a lot. I do really feel conflicted about this, in part because I do notice that the audio quality of CDs is better than many iTunes bit rates, but bandcamp offers digital FLAC files, so any albums on there I will definitely get digitally. If this was just about having something to collect, I could much easier forgoe this purchasing habit, but I do like the music I like sounding the best it possibly can, so that's where the conflict mostly remains.