Can Libertarians and Police be friends?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Can Libertarians and Police be friends?

Post by PsYcHo »

If I haven't mentioned it the last few minutes, I'm politically inclined towards Libertarian :o

Because the deity of irony loves to bust my balls, my next door neighbor is a cop.

But he's a pretty cool cop. I was standing in my front yard with a glass of whiskey, (with the brand I drink etched into the glass) when he returned from wherever he was before. Him and his wife came over, and we made normal neighbor chit-chat. But when he saw my glass (Jim Beam, for those that are wondering) he asked " Oh, you like whiskey?" Being the combative anti-establishment person, I said- "Yep". 8-)

We continued our small talk, then he and his wife went inside. My partner and I were discussing her placement of flowering plants, and my cop neighbor came outside again with a glass in his hand. It was a glass of whiskey (only four ounces.... :D ) for me to try. And I must say, I know most persons on this forum aren't inclined to drink, but for those who do, this was a nice drink of whiskey. Drinking this " neat" was smoother than drinking Jim on ice.

I'm not a social person (in the real world), but this "cop" has been nothing but nice to me. But I don't like the police state I'm concerned "Murica" is actively wishing upon themselves.

I had a certain point for this topic, but my cop neighbor's whiskey has gotten me a buzz. (Or maybe not. Am I being detained???!)

What do other members think of the "police". (don't be an ass, try to be civil.)

If you support the "gun reform" scenario, but think police abuse their rights, how do you justify giving the police all the guns?

This is an open thread with many possibilities. I don't have a particular discussion in mind, I just want to start a discussion. :twisted:
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: Can Libertarians and Police be friends?

Post by EquALLity »

I am not a libertarian, but I don't see why a libertarian cannot be friends with a cop. Cops are just people with the job you take issue with, they didn't create the police system. Also, not all libertarians hold the same view about the police.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

Cops are absolute heroes who have the unenviable job of having to deal with the violent scum of the Earth.

Sure, you have bad apples and stupid laws, but you have to go by the statistics and trends rather than sensationalized news stories.
Prateek10

Post by Prateek10 »

Here is the reason why there is less possibility..
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum

Post by PsYcHo »

Prateek10 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:28 am Here is the reason why there is less possibility..
This is just a link to download software; If you'd like to debate, you can do so. We even have a thread to introduce yourself. It's not compulsory, but it does help everyone see that you aren't just spamming forums with links to software.

Can someone edit this link; I don't know if it's bad or not, but it doesn't lead anywhere relevant to the topic, and I'm not adding software to see a point.

Taxation is theft.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

PsYcHo wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:06 am
Prateek10 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:28 am Here is the reason why there is less possibility..
This is just a link to download software; If you'd like to debate, you can do so. We even have a thread to introduce yourself. It's not compulsory, but it does help everyone see that you aren't just spamming forums with links to software.

Can someone edit this link; I don't know if it's bad or not, but it doesn't lead anywhere relevant to the topic, and I'm not adding software to see a point.
Looks like we've gotten to the point where we have more human being spammers. The email address he registered with came back as being a spammer (not surprising).
It was likely not safe software.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum

Post by PsYcHo »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:39 pmLooks like we've gotten to the point where we have more human being spammers.
It was likely not safe software.
Well now I have to do a full scan. Dammit.

Thanks Brim

Taxation is theft.