Who will win the 2020 election?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.

Donald Trump
22%
Oprah Winfrey
11%
Steve Bannon
No votes
Bernie Sanders
11%
Kanye West
11%
Jill Stein
No votes
Joe Biden
No votes
Elizabeth Warren
11%
Other
33%

Total votes: 9

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

FFS!!
Rockalbert
Diet: Vegan

Re: Who will win the 2020 election?

Post by Rockalbert »

I think Bernie Sanders is strong candidate for 2020 elections!
carnap
Anti-Vegan Troll

Post by carnap »

Assuming he is still alive, Trump has a good chance at winning again. The factors that allowed him to win in 2016 are still true today.
I'm here to exploit you schmucks into demonstrating the blatant anti-intellectualism in the vegan community and the reality of veganism. But I can do that with any user name.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

I'd agree with carnap. The divide and conquer bit among government is quite strong now, so any push to get him out of office will be met with strong resistance. I'm expecting 2020 to be a record year for voter turnout.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Rockalbert wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:47 am I think Bernie Sanders is strong candidate for 2020 elections!
I think Bernie lost a lot of support from non-partisan voters. (Like myself. I hate Democrats and Republicans!) Do you think he could rally his base again, and get enough "middle" voters to get elected?
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
carnap
Anti-Vegan Troll

Post by carnap »

Bernie Sanders would get killed in a general election, the republican establishment didn't attack him because he was attacking and feeding into anti-clinton rhetoric.
I'm here to exploit you schmucks into demonstrating the blatant anti-intellectualism in the vegan community and the reality of veganism. But I can do that with any user name.
Jamie in Chile
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Jamie in Chile »

I voted Warren, but it could be more hopeful than anything. Trump is delivering a lot on America first and America jobs getting factories opened and moved in a way that other Presidents may not have done. This may be a dumb move in the long haul, but as long as the employment and other economic indicators stay positive by 2020, he has a decent chance. Some people voted for him because they said he would do this stuff, even though they didn't believe it, just on the off chance. I think he will even attract new voters from the right wing anti-establishment crowd who didn't vote at all last time.

I also think the Democrats will get more votes though as well (i.e. higher overall turnout). Those last time who thought Clinton and Trump were both awful, and didn't vote, will go for the Democrat this time. Every time Trump says something offensive, it adds another few voters from the young or left wing crowd who might not have voted at all last time. This time the anti Trump crowd will have grown amongst young people who didn't pay attention last time.

I also think some people voted Green last time because they thought Clinton would win, a few of these will tactically vote Democrat this time. Admittedly that's a very small shift.
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

carnap wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:07 pm Assuming he is still alive, Trump has a good chance at winning again. The factors that allowed him to win in 2016 are still true today.
I kind of expect this as well, but I’m unsure. Don’t you think the persistence of the factors that allowed him to win in 2016 will be perceived as an inability to achieve his campaign goals?
carnap
Anti-Vegan Troll

Post by carnap »

Cirion Spellbinder wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:15 pm I kind of expect this as well, but I’m unsure. Don’t you think the persistence of the factors that allowed him to win in 2016 will be perceived as an inability to achieve his campaign goals?
No, he can just blame Congress.