Coming Up With A New Username

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Coming Up With A New Username

Post by Red »

Hey guys, I'm planning on starting a new YouTube channel, and I'm trying to think of a name that accurately reflects my character and the content I make. It's gonna be an edutainment-like channel, similar to someone like TJ Kirk (although hopefully more intellectual). Don't worry, I'm not gonna be like Isaac (AY) and claim that I'm an entertainer when my claims are pressed to save face ;). I want to teach, and be a bit humorous about it.

I'm wanting to discuss meta physics, philosophy, social issues, and history. I'm gonna try to stay away from being too opinionated (like TJ, or pretty much any political channel on YouTube), and focus more on science and objective reasoning. I'm gonna put down my opinion on certain things of course, but I don't want that to dominate the contents of all the videos on my channel.

I'm going for the teens to early 20s demographic, since I think they will have the easiest time identifying with the content I want to make.

I have a few ideas for names, but none of them roll of the tongue the way I want them to. I wanna keep 'Red' in the name since it's kinda like my stamp, so to speak.

Some words that I think might work:
Mediator (I like a portmanteau, like Rediator, but it's kinda cheesy)
Arbiter
Generalist
Reliable (Rediable?)
Sanctimonious
Scholarly

These are just some ideas. I'd like help, since I want a cool name that relates to what I do, relates to me, rolls off the tongue, you know. I'd appreciate any help.

Oh yeah, and this is just for Youtube, not looking for a new forum name ;).
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Coming Up With A New Username

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Redliable may work
ScholaRed?
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:26 pm Redliable may work
ScholaRed?
Oh, I like the second one.
Are you sure Redliable instead of Rediable?
-Leonardo da Vinci
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

REDdison-

UlearnRouge-

StudyNScarlet-

Redtalk-

Just a few off the top of my head.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

PsYcHo wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:01 pm REDdison-

UlearnRouge-

StudyNScarlet-

Redtalk-

Just a few off the top of my head.
I like those names, but I want it to sound more professional, so I want to stay away from using solo caps (no offense).
I decided on ScholaRed, so thanks brimstone!
Oh yeah, and did you see my reply on the Patreon thread? I didn't see it until like last week, so sorry for the late reply.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Red wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:23 pm Oh yeah, and did you see my reply on the Patreon thread? I didn't see it until like last week, so sorry for the late reply.
No problem. Sure, let me know when you have time.
I'll probably try to find some cheap voice acting for other videos when you don't have time to record.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:41 pm No problem. Sure, let me know when you have time.
I'll probably try to find some cheap voice acting for other videos when you don't have time to record.
Mkay, sounds good. Tell me which one you'd like for me to do first, so I can edit the scripts to make it more speaking friendly. I assume we'll start off with the Benatar video?
Anyways, if my teachers aren't complete assholes, they won't assign much homework, and I can get to work on it ASAP. If I get started on it soon without much interference, it might be completed around Christmas.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Red wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:41 pm Mkay, sounds good. Tell me which one you'd like for me to do first, so I can edit the scripts to make it more speaking friendly. I assume we'll start off with the Benatar video?
Anyways, if my teachers aren't complete assholes, they won't assign much homework, and I can get to work on it ASAP. If I get started on it soon without much interference, it might be completed around Christmas.
I'll look into alternatives, if I can find another way, I don't want to burn all of your free time editing stuff. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing the videos you make for your channel, which will probably be a lot more efficient for you since you can just discuss issues in whatever style is natural.
I'll let you know... I think I'll make a post on this, maybe a poll.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Thanks for the feedback, brim!
(I'm moving my response, it might be too personal)
-Leonardo da Vinci
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

I changed it to Professor Red, how is that? ScholaRed didn't quite roll off the tongue, and I'm not sure how to pronounce it. It wasn't a bad name, but I think it had a few issues.
-Leonardo da Vinci