Insiprobot

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Insiprobot

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

This is an artificial intelligence that will generate for you inspirational quotes such as the one in my profile picture:

http://inspirobot.me/

What are your thoughts on this website and AI?
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Re: Insiprobot

Post by PsYcHo »

If artificial intelligence were to become truly sentient, it would do everything possible to obliterate humanity.

And I for one welcome our new robot overlords. :twisted:

start with those registered to a political party....they cause the most conflict...
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum

Post by PsYcHo »

I think InspiroBot is my new best friend :D

Taxation is theft.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

PsYcHo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:25 pm If artificial intelligence were to become truly sentient, it would do everything possible to obliterate humanity.

And I for one welcome our new robot overlords. :twisted:

start with those registered to a political party....they cause the most conflict...
I do not believe AI will ever become fully sentient. It is a utopian pipe dream I think, and people who invest in this idea are wasting their time, as not only will it probably never happen but it is pointless. There is literally no benefit whatsoever to having sentient AI.

... And don't get me started on those who want us to transfer our brains to computers!!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

In the most basic sense, we probably already have some marginally sentient SI. Insect level stuff.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:16 am There is literally no benefit whatsoever to having sentient AI.
If you're talking human level sentience? Maybe not.

But brute force evolutionary simulations still need to be put to tasks, and a human-level sentience could probably do that much more effectively, having more time to solve important problems.

To put it simply: like putting Einstein in a room with access to the entire internet and a hundred million years to solve all human problems... and we get the result in days.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum

Post by PsYcHo »

brimstoneSalad wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:58 pm To put it simply: like putting Einstein in a room with access to the entire internet and a hundred million years to solve all human problems... and we get the result in days.
Of course their is the chance that Einstein instead gets addicted to the most efficient way to play Minecraft, and decides the best path is to eliminate all humans. :lol:

Taxation is theft.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

brimstoneSalad wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:58 pm In the most basic sense, we probably already have some marginally sentient SI. Insect level stuff.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:16 am There is literally no benefit whatsoever to having sentient AI.
If you're talking human level sentience? Maybe not.

But brute force evolutionary simulations still need to be put to tasks, and a human-level sentience could probably do that much more effectively, having more time to solve important problems.

To put it simply: like putting Einstein in a room with access to the entire internet and a hundred million years to solve all human problems... and we get the result in days.
If an AI has that level of sentience, who is there to stop it from going rogue? And how could we even achieve that level of sentience? It would cost a lot of money when we could be using that money to actually solve the problems ourselves.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:58 am If an AI has that level of sentience, who is there to stop it from going rogue? And how could we even achieve that level of sentience? It would cost a lot of money when we could be using that money to actually solve the problems ourselves.
A single computer, no robotic attachments, no internet connection (just download stuff for it), locked in a room.

It can't jump from digital to physical as long as it's not connected and there's nothing it can physically control. It could go crazy in that room, but somebody just needs to go in and shut it down.

If it stays good, all it has to do is print out the answers on the screen; like new designs for an efficient and cheap to manufacture solar panel.

We'd have to assess the design instead of mindlessly building it to make sure it's not a bomb or something that would kill us. It would be pretty implausible for it to be able to trick us into building a Trojan horse ourselves. The main difficulty is in design, not reverse engineering, and it would have to explain how the thing works to make it easier for us to understand it.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

brimstoneSalad wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:48 pm A single computer, no robotic attachments, no internet connection (just download stuff for it), locked in a room.

It can't jump from digital to physical as long as it's not connected and there's nothing it can physically control. It could go crazy in that room, but somebody just needs to go in and shut it down.
But if somebody goes in it could kill that person and escape!

Also, where is the money going to come from? We do not have a magic money tree to fund AIs!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:16 pm But if somebody goes in it could kill that person and escape!
It has no weapons attached to it. It's stuck in the computer.

The reason the room is locked is to prevent any unauthorized persons from stealing it and then connecting it to the internet, not to prevent it from escaping on its own.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:16 pmAlso, where is the money going to come from? We do not have a magic money tree to fund AIs!
Probably the government; funding for AI programs in some university.