At what age are people the most physically attractive?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

At what age are people the most physically attractive?

Post by Jebus »

I say men at 28, women at 22.

Interested in your opinions.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Dream Sphere

Re: At what age are people the most physically attractive?

Post by Dream Sphere »

It's hard for me to say exactly, because people can be one age but generally look like another age. E.g. the woman I've been the most attracted to ever was 20 at the time, but I was 16 and she looked like she could in a range of anywhere from 16-24.

All of the women I've been extremely attracted to were either 1-10 years older than me or one year younger/same age.

30-40 y/o women are still very attractive to me, actually even some 50 y/o are attractive to me, but I have to say that the late teens/20's are probably the physical prime for most people from my experience and personal opinion. So 18-29 is the range I would say. I can't get any more specific than that. Though occasionally some people age really well and look better in their 30's than their 20's to me, but I think the 20's are the usual prime time.

Also, I don't think mem age better than women, so the same range applies to both. That's not to say I don't think men age well, but that women age well. One of my biggest crushes was on a woman in her late 20's and she was honestly almost as good looking to me as the 20 y/o. Plus many 30-40 y/o's who were very attractive in their 20's are much more attractive than the average 20 y/o.

Just as an anecdote. My current major crush on someone I know personally happens to be on a 22 y/o woman. But, my current movie/TV show crush is on a woman in her early 30's. In terms of looks I consider them equally amazing, but obviously I like the person who I actually know a fair bit about personally much more so.

Another anecdote. My most attractive male cousin happens to be 28, actually. He's been single for a long time, don't know what's up with that. He says all his friends are single too.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

I liked young women around the time I had my first erection. Everyone always said that one learns to appreciate older women as one ages oneself, but that's certainly not true in my case. I preferred young women (18-25) when I was a boy, a teen, a young man, and now when I am well past my prime. The only difference is that they don't like me anymore. I will admit that the conversations are slightly less moronic with older women but that's not something my penis cares much about.
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

I've liked older women from a young age. Not as much as women my own current age 21, but I imagine I could be immensely satisfied well into my 50's with the right person my same age.

I think most people either had an attraction to older people to some degree from around the time of puberty/developing sexual interests, or realize they have to settle for these older people as they themselves age. I think I'm luckily in the former camp which genuinely finds older people attractive. Though, still not as much as the people in their prime of 18-29 or maybe 18-35 personally.

What I mean to say is I'm guessing whether or not you'll have an attraction to older 30-50 y/o people is set early in your sexual interest/development. If you don't like them by the time you're in your 20's then while you may learn to appreciate older people by a bit more than you already do, that major genuine attraction that someone who develops it early on isn't quite there.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

I also think there is a lot of dishonesty among aging men, i.e. they will say that they prefer women their own age even though that is not true. I base that claim on my observation of older men who still have the choice like, for example, rich or famous men. These men will often end up with much younger women even though they know this choice will cause tremendous harm for someone they care about.
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

Well I think an aging man could prefer an individual women his age if he's developed an emotional/intellectual bond with her, he could find her more physically attractive due to that. But, he would be lying if he said he preferred all womem his age to 20 somethings. Still if everything but appearance was equal, then this older man would be lying if he said he generally preferred women his own age.

But, some older women have physical qualities like cuteness which some younger women don't have. So, there are some exceptions, but I agree that generally 20 somethings are more attractive to the average person than older people.

I do find it disturbing when any older person is in a relationship with someone 20 or more years younger than them. They could be their kid ffs. Still I might not have moral objections to it if both partners were of age and mental maturity to know and accept what they were getting themselves into with a relationship like that. It's still weird and creepy to me. Then again, I wouldn't want a relationship with a 21 year old "gold digger" even though they're the same age as me, I wouldn't want to be with someone who would compromise other qualities of a relationship because their partner has money. If those are her priorities, I wouldn't want to be with her even if I could completely satisfy her is what I'm basically saying. Then again, if the 21 y/o happened to genuinely love an older person for much more than their money, I would have no problem with that except that the age disparity is still emotionally upsetting to me due to still seeming kinda creepy. No moral objections there, though, as long as the relationship is healthy.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Dream Sphere wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:56 amI do find it disturbing when any older person is in a relationship with someone 20 or more years younger than them.
Why is that? I know the motives in an a relationship of great age disparity is different from that in a relationship of similar age disparity, but we have to ask ourselves why so many people are turned off by the idea. Is it good old fashioned jealousy, or perhaps an extension of parental sexual imagery disgust. Could this viewpoint be considered an example of ageism?
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

Jebus wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:09 pm
Dream Sphere wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:56 amI do find it disturbing when any older person is in a relationship with someone 20 or more years younger than them.
Why is that? I know the motives in an a relationship of great age disparity is different from that in a relationship of similar age disparity, but we have to ask ourselves why so many people are turned off by the idea. Is it good old fashioned jealousy, or perhaps an extension of parental sexual imagery disgust. Could this viewpoint be considered an example of ageism?
I think some jealosy is involved for many people at least. I think I'm jealous of anyone with an attractive woman honestly, but I don't think I'm especially jealous in this circumstance. If they match up, they match up for whatever reason. If extensive riches were a factor I would be even less jealous as I wouldn't want to be with someone like that.

I think it's just the fact of there being such a disparity. It's a stupid emotional thing, but sexual attraction and interest in various personality types stems from how a person is emotionally situated afaik.

I'm also insecure about interracial relationships where the woman is of similar "race" to me. It's just irrational jealousy and insecurity of mine. Not just in relationships but in pretty much every regard, I worry about others outperforming me. I feel very inferior and have a lack of self confidence. If I see someone like me being successful that gets me feeling more hopeful in myself, whereas someone different from me being successful over people like me makes me feel inferior, and it is what it is. I'm also jealous of people like me, but less so than people who are more different from me.

These are all stupid emotional/jealousy/self-esteem problems of mine. Rationally I have no issue with interracial, lesbian, or disparate aged couples' relationships. People should be with who happens to work best with them, regardless of these benign factors which I have emotional importance on.

My emotions are quite volatile, irrational and plain dumb, basically.

Edit: also as an addition to this. Afaik I'm actually bi, but have a greater interest in the opposite sex. So, I've thought that in a long term polyamorous relationship that I wouldn't be jealous of another guy no matter how different he is from me if I loved him and he myself. I think my emotions dislike a sense of unfairness and a feeling of unfairness brings jealosy. That's all stupid irrational emotional stuff. But, in a 4 person relationship, if everyone loved each other I would feel that that is fair, and the jealosy I would feel would stem more from self esteem issues, but with people who I love and who love me in return I wouldn't feel like I have to prove my worth to them constantly. So my esteem issues wouldn't be much of a problem I would guess.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Dream Sphere wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:26 pmI'm also insecure about interracial relationships where the woman is of similar "race" to me.
Interesting. Most of my relationships have been with women of different race. Insecurity around the opposite sex is not at all unusual and something all men (and probably women, I don't know) are familiar with. However, I never felt more insecure around a blue woman than I did around a green woman.
Dream Sphere wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:26 pmMy emotions are quite volatile, irrational and plain dumb, basically.
I don't think so. You became vegan at a very young age so I assume that your brain is at least in the top 90th percentile regarding rationality. You may have some blinds spots, as most of us do, but you are young and should be able to figure them out.

Please admin, delete if inappropriate, but I would like to recommend a book to Dream Sphere that I wrote many years ago: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heterosexual-Males-8-Step-Meeting-Mating/dp/0595342116
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

Jebus wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:01 pm
Dream Sphere wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:26 pmI'm also insecure about interracial relationships where the woman is of similar "race" to me.
Interesting. Most of my relationships have been with women of different race. Insecurity around the opposite sex is not at all unusual and something all men (and probably women, I don't know) are familiar with. However, I never felt more insecure around a blue woman than I did around a green woman.
This is a little complicated. I don't believe white women are "supposed" to be with white guys or any of that. This might stem from my misunderstanding of statistics, I just feel like in a society where over 70% of the population is of one similar colour, that when I see a lot of those women of the majority colour with men of a different colour, that there must be something those women prefer about the different guys. It's me worrying about those women's perception of other guys. If they prefer guys who are unlike me physically, it makes me feel insecure. My misunderstanding of statistics may come in where I assume that the majority would have a majority of relationships with each other, and the minorities would be more likely to mix. Maybe the number of interracial relationships I see are normal, but sometimes I get the impression people prefer others of different "races". Another thing which makes me wonder besides statistical likelyhood is socialization. I would guess the types of people a person grows up alongside they would be more comfortable with. I would guess normally people would be socialized to people similar to themselves, or those in the majority, but I wonder if any social things are making people prefer interracial relationships. Basically my stupid emotional male sex drive/ego makes me want to have all options available to me, while I feel jealous as others seem to compete with me in taking options off the market, and I feel more insecure if some options are preferring people unlike me. My emotions want an unfair advantage for myself, unfortunately. I'm also not good with handling competition when I care about the stakes, so this is where any air of unfairness wirks me up.

Jebus wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:01 pm
Dream Sphere wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:26 pmMy emotions are quite volatile, irrational and plain dumb, basically.
I don't think so. You became vegan at a very young age so I assume that your brain is at least in the top 90th percentile regarding rationality. You may have some blinds spots, as most of us do, but you are young and should be able to figure them out.

Please admin, delete if inappropriate, but I would like to recommend a book to Dream Sphere that I wrote many years ago: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heterosexual-Males-8-Step-Meeting-Mating/dp/0595342116
I don't know how much I can change my emotions. I guess I might be more rational than the average person but that isn't saying much, and I doubt I'm rational in any significantly positive way, since I have a history of loads of irrational anxiety. I'm just glad that my limited rationality can curtail the worst of my emotions. I'm guessing one of the best ways to fix my emotional problems would be exposure therapy to the things I'm worried/insecure about, though. I'm unsure how I would go about that.

Also, thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out eventually, I have difficulty following through with even extremely important things nowadays due to depression and anxiety, so it may take a while before I get to your book. And, I don't think it's inappropriate, you're a longstanding member and I don't think anyone should worry about any percieved self promotion. The book's relevant to the discussion, so I would say there's no problem. I'm not the admin, though, but I doubt Brim would take issue either.