Landscaping...ideas...

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
AnnaJo
Diet: Vegan

Landscaping...ideas...

Post by AnnaJo »

How important is landscaping to you? For me, it is very important. I believe that both the interior and exterior designs of the home makes it beautiful. We are moving to our new home in Vancouver. We bought it at a cheap rate but our yard looks dull, almost plain. I think I need to do some makeover to make it lovely.

I know that the hiring a professional landscaping service [link removed] providers could cost bit high and we can’t afford that much. We spent most of our saving to buy our home, so I’m looking for inexpensive landscaping ideas for my yard. We have a ½ acre front yard and ¼ acre side yards. What type of landscaping should I choose for my yard?

I found few DIY landscaping techniques online like the bicycle planter, toilet planter, hammocks using old curtains, etc. but I don’t want such outdated ideas. I’m looking for crazy new ideas for hanging flowers. Any suggestions or recommendations would be a great help.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Re: Landscaping...ideas...

Post by Jebus »

I don't see the purpose of that link. Normally I would think this is spam except you wrote that it is a bit expensive.

Why not use the land to grow fruits and vegetables? Otherwise, just plant some trees and let the rest grow wild.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

I assume that this is spam, but I will see what the admin says.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Jebus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 am I don't see the purpose of that link. Normally I would think this is spam except you wrote that it is a bit expensive.
Link removed.
Jebus wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 amWhy not use the land to grow fruits and vegetables? Otherwise, just plant some trees and let the rest grow wild.
Those are some good suggestions.

When it comes to growing fruits and vegetables, try to build a raised bed. Not only will that give you more control over the soil conditions and water, but your back will thank you.

Otherwise letting it grow wild or planting low maintenance native plants to fill in the space faster (and trees are best because their deep taproots help pull up minerals into the topsoil) is a great option if your zoning allows it.
neiljakson

Post by neiljakson »

the process of making a garden or other piece of land more attractive by altering the existing design, adding ornamental features, and planting trees and shrubs.
"we will carry out minor repair works to the building's facade and supervise the landscaping of the extensive grounds"
pieces of land that have been landscaped.
"LA is a wonderful place for walking for pleasure, with great weather and beautiful landscaping and houses"
[link removed]
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

neiljakson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:56 am the process of making a garden or other piece of land more attractive by altering the existing design, adding ornamental features, and planting trees and shrubs.
"we will carry out minor repair works to the building's facade and supervise the landscaping of the extensive grounds"
pieces of land that have been landscaped.
"LA is a wonderful place for walking for pleasure, with great weather and beautiful landscaping and houses"
[link removed]
Neil, we discourage promotional links on the first post. Also, that text added no content; it's just a definition.
Please confirm that you are a real person and not a spam bot, because this looks like spam.