*Just thoughts* Existence of Demons, Deities, Succubus, etc.

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
CryoVirus

*Just thoughts* Existence of Demons, Deities, Succubus, etc.

Post by CryoVirus »

I'v just been fascinated on the thought that such things could exist. Although I for the most part believe them to be fiction, and of course non-existence. I've always wondered what it would be like. (Not in the stereotypical "Pure Evil" standpoint but those born into that way, are highly sentiant and know right between wrong to a point **They are still demons and such, Taboo and destroying the social norm is what they do best) but to have such creatures in our world. Although very far fetched. I personally would like to Converse with such species provided it knew human behavior and language. I'm just a strange person. If a creature of your choice could come into existence, what would it be and why? let's take a break from the science and debates and just have a thoughts forum (Although there are many in the threads)
~With a heart of Ice and an unbreakable Will, My soul is of the untouchable~

~CryoVirus 2012
Twizelby
Diet: Vegan

Re: *Just thoughts* Existence of Demons, Deities, Succubus,

Post by Twizelby »

Isn't it obvious?
DDDx8

Post by DDDx8 »

The only thing I can think of, currently, is maybe an alternate version of me from a sightly different universe, and we can just sit and shoot the shit talking about the differences in our lives and how they might've came about.

edit: Doppelgangers from different universes count right?
To find the world of shoulds so one day others might not have to suffer like the people in the world now.
CryoVirus

Post by CryoVirus »

That's actually a really good one, so like you wish you could meet the alternate version of your current self? The other side of your own personal coin. Although there are likely infinate realities so infinite seperate you's. I like that one, quite original.

~CryoVirus 2012
DDDx8

Post by DDDx8 »

CryoVirus wrote:That's actually a really good one, so like you wish you could meet the alternate version of your current self? The other side of your own personal coin. Although there are likely infinate realities so infinite seperate you's. I like that one, quite original.
I spent most of my life regretting things, being discouraged, and wondering how other people got certain things and I did not. So, it would turn into a very dense philosophical conversation when asking the "me" from a certain universe about how he got to be with a girl I liked that I was never able to. Wouldn't it be interesting? If determinism is true then I would suspect our circumstances before him getting a yes from the girl where I got a no would be slightly different. Then we would talk about how the slight changes could've butterflyed effected to our current circumstances. If however every single thing about our circumstances before I got a no and he got a yes were exactly the same, then we would talk about how that was possible. Perhaps what it was is that our circumstances were the same but hers were not. Then we would wonder about her circumstances and what is different about her in our realities. If that were not the case we would try to grasp a concept of free will and non deterministic choices. But we both might have some difficulties doing that.

Edit: But like you said thats just with a specific me out of an infinite......I guess I would never get any real answers but it would be interesting.
To find the world of shoulds so one day others might not have to suffer like the people in the world now.
CryoVirus

Post by CryoVirus »

Depending on your own knowledgebase and philisophical level of expertise, it would likely, as you say. Become very deep. as with me, I would ask an alternate version of myself that has experienced an easier school and family life unto which I would ask how I could go about to merge the realities. It may not seem possible but as I've explained elsewhere, it's string theory that plays a big part here, you'd have to have the threads to cross an inter-dimmensional barrier as well as merge into your current reality before you would even have the chance to speak with an alternate self. but so far....that's impossible. However if the possibility did arise, wouldn't it be possible to switch places? however there would be drawbacks if it were possible such as confusion to the alternate setting, you could be living, working, and dating in a completely different way and would need to adapt. which would be highly confusing.

~CryoVirus 2012
HarvesterofSorrow

Post by HarvesterofSorrow »

I personally love the idea of rebellion. So to me it would be exciting to see a demon (the ones usually depicted by Christianity) being brought up in a world where he learns to be compassionate and rebels against the forces from hell. Same with Angels. Lycanthropy is also very exciting and often sketch out different versions of werewolves. Succubus is sexy man that's all I gotta say. But definitely my biggest fantasy has been that of a dimensional fissure created by guitar strings. I love music and the guitar and since I read Stephen Hawking's The Grand Design I've become obsessed with strings. What if you could open portals to alternate realities by playing different riffs? The louder the crowd gets, the more energy there is to make a clearer connection with the realm you desire to enter. Just imagine Randy Rhoads playing the "Crazy Train" riff and a huge electric cyclone started forming above a stadium filled with over 50 thousand loud SoB's!
CryoVirus

Post by CryoVirus »

^^^ill reply to this when I have my laptop...I have a great talk planned for us

~CryoVirus 2012
HarvesterofSorrow

Post by HarvesterofSorrow »

Looking forward to it!