Banned from 3 Facebook pages in less than 2 weeks

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Banned from 3 Facebook pages in less than 2 weeks

Post by Jebus »

I always thought I was a nice guy but apparently not everyone agrees.

Banned from Vegans United for offering advice on how to feed vegan cats.
Banned from The Atheist Experience after writing that I consider myself 97% [atheist] and that atheist-theist is not a binary concept.
Banned from the Swedish Facebook page after arguing with intersectionalists that although I also consider feminism important we should prioritise our time to "animal rights" as it is a more urgent and important matter where vegans can have more of a positive impact.
On the Atheist Experience page I indirectly referred to someone as a dumbass but on the other pages I was very nice and respectful.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
DarlBundren
Diet: Vegetarian

Re: Banned from 3 Facebook pages in less than 2 weeks

Post by DarlBundren »

In my experience, facebook pages are for the most part circle jerks. The format itself may be good for sharing, but not for discussion. Atheist groups tend to be remarkably full of idiots, but even worse are those groups which are created with the sole purpose of making fun of other, more idiotic users.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Given the quality and intellectual honesty of those groups, maybe getting banned fast means you're doing something right. :-D
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

I think it's a sign of times. (sadly)

On this forum, you've said things I agree with 100%, and things I disagree with 100% as well. On this forum, if people disagree they just argue their point, well or not. But on Facebook, if you say something ONE person doesn't like and complains about, you can get banned.

The echo chambers do not appreciate any discordance.

I know the term "snowflake" is usually used against those with more liberal positions, but my latest favorite phrase is "Both liberal and conservative snowflakes melt at the same temperature".

I think you can be an ass, but so can I, but if I had to listen to people who only agreed with me all the time..... how do they do it???!! Are there that many people that are afraid to challenge their own preconceived notions, or is it just the few whiners that do speak so loudly?
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.