Bill O'Reilly or Tucker Carlson

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Bill O'Reilly or Tucker Carlson

Post by Jebus »

As much as I dislike Bill O'Reilly I often couldn't stop myself from watching him. His successor, Tucker Carlson, however, brings stupidity and annoyance to a whole different level. I feel extreme discomfort while watching him. If you are not familiar with Tucker, start by checking out this climate change "debate" with Bill Nye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hN1fn_0Xls&spfreload=10
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Bill O'Reilly or Tucker Carlson

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I find Carlson's demeanor more annoying, but I can't say much about his intellect or rationality from that other than that he's ignorant.

Bill Nye is so terrible at debate and discussion. Unfortunately he has no idea of how to engage people he disagrees with, and only knows how to talk to people who are already in his camp.
DarlBundren
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by DarlBundren »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Bill Nye is so terrible at debate and discussion. Unfortunately he has no idea of how to engage people he disagrees with, and only knows how to talk to people who are already in his camp.
If that is the case, then that's too bad, since he has recently spoken in favor of veganism.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

DarlBundren wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 3:48 pm
brimstoneSalad wrote:Bill Nye is so terrible at debate and discussion. Unfortunately he has no idea of how to engage people he disagrees with, and only knows how to talk to people who are already in his camp.
If that is the case, then that's too bad, since he has recently spoken in favor of veganism.
It is a shame, since he seems very energetic as a public figure.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

I still like BIll, but he and Neil Degrasse Tyson have taken science and politicized it. I used to listen to their show (Star Talk) to get away from politics, but they have made an effort to combine it with science.

At what point did it become acceptable to equate science with political affiliation? Do people like this not realize that combining beliefs with facts and mocking those who don't immediately agree are what helped an ass-hat like Trump get elected in the first place?! But instead of trying to gently reach out and bring in non-believers, what do they do? Double down and mock anyone who doesn't jump on board with them. If they keep it up, I'll sit back and act sooo surprised when the worst POTUS in history is re-elected because people don't like being told they are stupid.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.
PsYcHo
Master of the Forum
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by PsYcHo »

Apologies for going off-topic a bit. Bill O Reilly was an ass, but so is Tucker Carlson.I do believe that Tucker makes a stronger point on issues than Bill did, but he gives off an air of "I'm obviously right, and you are not." Which (IMO) is often correct, but when it is not he fails to admit it.

He's the equivalent of Rachel Maddow with a penis.
Alcohol may have been a factor.

Taxation is theft.