How to get a cat to run for president

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

How to get a cat to run for president

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

I once asked on the Alternate History subreddit what history would be like if somebody managed to get their cat to become president. Now I am genuinely interested. How would I go about adding a constitutional amendment to the United States that would allow this to happen? Obviously a cat can't make the laws of a country, but it can be "interpreted" by their human owner.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: How to get a cat to run for president

Post by brimstoneSalad »

The cat would have to be a citizen. Also, at least 35 years old.

You'd have to pass an amendment to make cats lawful citizens. And then you'd have to find a cat old enough to qualify. The world record holder died at 38 years old. So, it's just barely possible for cats to live that long, but it's extremely rare. I don't think there are any currently living cats over 35 years old. The current oldest is, based on some rough Google searching, 32.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

brimstoneSalad wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:53 pm The cat would have to be a citizen. Also, at least 35 years old.

You'd have to pass an amendment to make cats lawful citizens. And then you'd have to find a cat old enough to qualify. The world record holder died at 38 years old. So, it's just barely possible for cats to live that long, but it's extremely rare. I don't think there are any currently living cats over 35 years old. The current oldest is, based on some rough Google searching, 32.
Wouldn't it be more prudent to pass an amendment revoking the ban on anybody who isn't a 35-year old citizen to run, and just allow anyone to run. Cats, dogs, children, British people, robots, plants, etc.?
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Here's a question for you: In the Declaration of Independence of the United States, it says: "We hold these truths to be self evident - that all men are created equal", so why isn't that put into practice? Why are those above the 18 who are United States citizens and human considered more equal than those from other countries, younger than 18, and from different species? How come a child, a Canadian, a Briton, a German, a North Korean, a cat, a plant, a sponge can't run for president, but they can?! I'll tell you why - the Capitalists are trampling on their constitutional rights! Harambe did not die for this!!!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum

Is Harambe still relevant, or has the meme died as well?