Buy a Nokia phone not an Apple

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
PrincessPeach
Diet: Vegan

Buy a Nokia phone not an Apple

Post by PrincessPeach »

Most of us probably do not know this, the only reason that I know this is because I come from Finnish decent.

Nokia is not only a cell phone manufacture it is also a town in a country called Finland, most people in America / Western nations have never heard of Finland.. The jobs that Nokia provides in Finland are essential for the people and economy of Finland.

"That pride took a hit in recent years as the company struggled against smartphone rivals like Apple and Samsung. It was further dented last year when Microsoft announced it would buy much of Nokia for a price that eventually amounted to about $7.5 billion.

But maybe nothing hurt quite as much as the news on Thursday that Microsoft was cutting up to 18,000 jobs. About 12,500 of those jobs will come from Nokia groups, or from overlap at Microsoft resulting from the deal.

Microsoft said that roughly 1,100 layoffs, or 6 percent of the total job cuts, would come from Finland, primarily from a manufacturing plant in the north of the country. The company added that it would keep engineering teams in other parts of Finland. A further 1,800 job cuts are planned at a manufacturing plant in Hungary."​

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/07/1 ... blogs&_r=0

Support Nokia, support the Finnish people, cutting these jobs from the Finns will have a huge negative detrimental impact on their economy, they are not trying to monopolize off their technology they are just trying to self sustain them selves (who are not even getting credit for the technology they've perfected guess who made the coding for angry birds??)

Why give $200 to buy a smart phone made in a sweat shop when you could just as easily buy a Nokia phone and you would be supporting the Finn's they're very very nice people in fact;
- the Finnish education system is out of this world amazing, I could go to Finland right now and get a free college education because I am of Finnish decent how lucky am I and yes this is a matter of fact ALL EDUCATION LEVELS ARE FREE IN FINLAND YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR AN EDUCATION NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL YOU WANT
- It's easier to be a woman IMO
While in many places around the world women still suffer discrimination or find it difficult to compete with men in the workplace, Finland is one of the world’s most egalitarian countries as far as women are concerned. Aside from being the first women in Europe to get the vote (in 1906) Finnish women now occupy over 40% of positions in national government (compared with only 23% in the United Kingdom), only Andorra, Cuba, Rwanda and Sweden have more.
-Finland boasts a government that is in full control of all Finnish territory and is a global leader in terms of stability. Its public services are excellent and, according to the Corruption Perception Index, Finland is the least corrupt country in the world, alongside Denmark and New Zealand.
-SANTA CLAUS IS REAL IN FINLAND
In Finland santa really does visit the homes of small children..
wait... what are you serious? Yes I am, and no the Santa claus in Finland is not some mythological man riding flying rain deers ( the Finns IMO do some fucked up shit with reindeer racing/ exploiting reindeer but no flying deers) if you do not believe me which I am sure none of you do please visit these links

http://www.santagreeting.net/santaclaus

Any one else want to move to Finland, I already know a tad bit of the language !
Don't be a waste of molecules
Neptual

Re: Buy a Nokia phone not an Apple

Post by Neptual »

I did a bit of research on this and it turns out that Nokia is actually trying to move out of Europe and into China http://www.cnet.com/news/are-any-smartp ... -in-china/
She's beautiful...
PrincessPeach

Re: Buy a Nokia phone not an Apple

Post by PrincessPeach »

dan1073 wrote:I did a bit of research on this and it turns out that Nokia is actually trying to move out of Europe and into China http://www.cnet.com/news/are-any-smartp ... -in-china/
It is not Nokia that is wanting to out source to China Nokia wants to keep Nokia in Finland, it is Microsoft wanting to completely buy out Nokia so that they can then in return take self sustaining Finland's Nokia factories and well monopolize on them. If we can keep Nokia in Finland, well we can prevent sweat shops in China and support a self sustaining Country.
Don't be a waste of molecules