Todays Music SUCKS

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Neptual
Diet: Vegan

Todays Music SUCKS

Post by Neptual »

lilwayneisstupid.jpg
Honestly I can't stand listening to the radio. 95% of today's music has to do with sex, drugs, and being disrespectful to women. I'm not judging you if you like to listen to it, but I honestly hate it and resent it.

I can't express my happiness for Spotfiy, without it I think I would go deaf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
She's beautiful...
yes

Re: Todays Music SUCKS

Post by yes »

I agree even though I am from the generation that enjoys that music, my parents always lisned to bands like grateful dead and nirvana when I was a child that's probably why I only like music from 1960 to 1995 :P
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

I totally agree. I'm not into all this commercial/pop/radio music at all, but I can see that it used to be better in the past.

I actually used to love trance music, it's now completely taken over by all this commercial 'trouse' thing. Quality trance is very rare these days. So I gradually moved to genres like ambient, IDM, downtempo, post-rock, contemporary classic, etc. The more I got into this music, the more I began to dislike commercial music because the lack of depth.
Twizelby

Post by Twizelby »

your not looking hard enough! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsA6EhvkAs
Free From Religion

Post by Free From Religion »

you know what they say: "We always say music was better back in the day because we have all already forgotten all the shitty music made back then." This is true, although I admit the topics in music today are much more, for lack of a better word, dirty. There is still good music coming out today, but I agree that all together, most music these days sucks.
"Remember that truth has nothing to fear from doubt. Truth withstands scrutiny. If anyone tries to convince you doubt is a sin while belief without evidence is a virtue... you can bet they are selling lies." -MystryBox
loboris
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by loboris »

Long live classical music ( the real one ) .
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Free From Religion wrote:you know what they say: "We always say music was better back in the day because we have all already forgotten all the shitty music made back then."

Yep. I think it's just a bias of memory, because the good stuff sticks, and the bad stuff fades.
Most older music is terrible too- but a few shining examples are good. We just only remember the stuff we liked.

Music always gets dirtier- remember when Elvis was considered so dirty, it was the devil's music?
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
Free From Religion wrote:you know what they say: "We always say music was better back in the day because we have all already forgotten all the shitty music made back then."

Yep. I think it's just a bias of memory, because the good stuff sticks, and the bad stuff fades.
Most older music is terrible too- but a few shining examples are good. We just only remember the stuff we liked.

Music always gets dirtier- remember when Elvis was considered so dirty, it was the devil's music?
Let's just hope that today's music doesn't become acceptable for future generations.
She's beautiful...
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

dan1073 wrote: Let's just hope that today's music doesn't become acceptable for future generations.
Eventually, it may be considered classical music.

Schools of music will be teaching music theory and introduction to Bieber 101.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
dan1073 wrote: Let's just hope that today's music doesn't become acceptable for future generations.
Eventually, it may be considered classical music.

Schools of music will be teaching music theory and introduction to Bieber 101.
Oh god that doesn't exist, please do not allow this to happen. Amen.
She's beautiful...