Todays Music SUCKS

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Re: Todays Music SUCKS

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

Dream Sphere
Diet: Vegan

Post by Dream Sphere »

Jebus wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:56 pm
TheTallGnome wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:09 pmThere are most likely MORE creative bands, MORE creative and amazing music than there was in the earlier ages
Not a chance. There were more music nerds back in the day who could practice their guitar all day without being distracted by mobile phones or computers. The psychedelic drugs of the 1960s and 70s probably helped creativity as well. Also, many artists make what they think will sell rather than what they think is good. The final reason why music used to be so much better is that there were so many undiscovered melodies. These days it's difficult to come up with an original melody that sounds good.

It isn't just that the musicians of today are worse than those from yesteryear. Artists that used to be good and who are still making music are rarely as good as they used to be. 1966-1993 will forever be the best era in music history.
I can't speak on other genres, but metal's done great from the 90's to the 10's. If anyone's interested I could make a list of two-ten great metal albums/songs of each year from 1994-2016 (I haven't checked out any 2017 releass yet)

Metal also went through its largest evolutions throughout the whole of the 90's, and honestly 90's and onwards metal tends to be preferrable to me over 70's and 80's metal.
Dream Sphere
Diet: Vegan

Post by Dream Sphere »

I've barely checked out any 2017 releases, and I've already found this masterpiece.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0mLnr6Owhdo