Annoying FaceBook Posts

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training
Diet: Vegan

Re: Annoying FaceBook Posts

Post by thebestofenergy »

This is one of the reasons why I quit Facebook.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

This is one of the many reasons I didn't even start with FaceBook. ;)

Are you sure that person believed what he posted? I doubt it.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

Volenta wrote:This is one of the many reasons I didn't even start with FaceBook. ;)
You can't even imagine the service you've done yourself.
In Facebook, math is an opinion, cute dogs/cats are the most important matter in the world, and most people are wannabe-different that feel they're entitled to most things. And I'm not even going to start talking about people that keep posting nauseating depressive comments because they're single.
It's a site designed for attention-seeking people.
It's like a rush to who has the most thousands of friends on there, even if they don't even know 99% of them. And the hypocrisy in there... people crying when they see a picture of an animal suffering, when they themselves support factory farming. People liking and sharing post that say things like 'Like this picture to help cure cancer' and feeling like they've done something to help develop a cure against cancer. And so on.
I know I sound like I'm exaggerating, but I've never been in a most childish community, except for League of Legends.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

Kind of depends on who you add as friends I guess. But then again, most people are like that and you're probably going to add some fools out of friendliness anyway.

I generally view it as a time wasting activity anyway and I'm not at all missing it in my life.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

The only real use I see Facebook for is promoting a company without spending money on a website. Social media is the best way to promote business.
She's beautiful...
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

dan1073 wrote:The only real use I see Facebook for is promoting a company without spending money on a website. Social media is the best way to promote business.
You are either the maker or the waster, I prefer to be the maker.. Social media marketing goes a lot deeper than facebook, although facebook is a great way to generate a good amount of customers to your site/sites... You really want to have a facebook, twitter, google +, youtube, pinterest, instagram, so on and of course your own website with your own blog !
Don't be a waste of molecules
DDDx8

Post by DDDx8 »

dan1073 wrote:The only real use I see Facebook for is promoting a company without spending money on a website. Social media is the best way to promote business.
It is also great for stalking.

As for the op, people saying stuff like "perhaps stars are our loved ones shining down on us".

My response would be: "Yeah, sure maybe, it is a nice comforting thought but we don't have much reason to think this so lets not put too much energy into believing that. At the very least, we have more reason to believe that they don't have to put up with this messed up world anymore, so let us take comfort in that. Or instead of believing what could be with out much reason, we could try to make the best of whats left."

Those ideas are nice sometimes and I like to dabble in them from time to time. I don't think we should bash people or be disgusted by these kinds of post. I mean I just find them kind of like poetry. The problem is when people actually believe these things and hold on to what could be instead of focusing on what can be done.

I like to think of alternate universes where I am in better situations under different circumstances, sure it is a nice thought but they do nothing to actually make my life any better. Just posting these ideas I don't think are bad but spending way too much time pondering about them with out taking any action in your life is what should be judged, I think. It's kinda hard to tell if this is just a fleeting thought from the poster or an active state of mind. So, I'd just give them the benefit of the doubt that its just an expression of some sort of poetry unless you have reasons to think otherwise.

That's my two cents maybe I put too much of my own personal feelings into this instead of trying to give a relevant response but oh well.
To find the world of shoulds so one day others might not have to suffer like the people in the world now.