New Books

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: New Books

Post by Red »

Hey, has anyone here heard of the "All That Matters" book series? I picked up the 'Existentialism' book in the series, but for the life of me I cannot understand it. Maybe I'm distracted, I dunno. Oh yeah, and there's also a book regarding Animal Rights which I might pick up and maybe recommend if I think it's good.

Anyways, I'm 2 chapters into 'The Better Angels of Our Nature' and it is one of the most gripping books I've ever read.

I'm also reading a biography on President James Buchanan, and so far it's one of my favorite books.

How long does it take on average for you to read a book? If I'm not distracted and I've got nothing else to do, it usually takes about 2 weeks (BTW that thing mentioned I mentioned a while ago is being worked on wink wink sorry for wait)

On a similar note, I don't like having my school reading get in the way of my normal reading. Right now I'm reading 'Rule of the Bone' and it is one of the most boring books I've ever read. It's essentially a poor man's 'Catcher in the Rye' (and I actually have come to enjoy that book ever since I first read it) or Huck Finn. Anyone else here read ROTB?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci