what not to say to vegans

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Twizelby
Diet: Vegan

what not to say to vegans

Post by Twizelby »

So I think we may have covered this in a different way a few months ago but I want to bring it up again. I see that VA's forum is growing with a lot of different people with really unique and interesting backgrounds. That's awesome! I just want to make it clear that there are things that you shouldn't say to vegans if you want meaningful dialogue. If you do eat meat then you can also leave comments of things that you are tired of hearing from vegans. That being said if something you write that vegans say a lot is a valid argument, then I am sure many Vegan members would be glad to dissect the argument and defend it.
-I ate or am going to eat a steak
-for every burger you don't eat I am going to eat two
-veganism doesn't change anything
-Lions do it so should I
-why aren't vegans stopping lions from eating zebra
-it's too expensive to go vegan
-veganism is a religion
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Re: what not to say to vegans

Post by thebestofenergy »

http://philosophicalvegan.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5
You can see other examples of similar things here.
The most used argument against veganism is an appeal to nature logical fallacy, the second one is that people consider veganism is too 'extreme' (yes, people think that not harming sentient beings is extreme). That's in my experience however.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Shadow Fox

Post by Shadow Fox »

Twizelby wrote:-for every burger you don't eat I am going to eat two
LOL!
I love that one!

I wouldn't say it myself but its funny to me.

I noticed one thing that for some vegans. Even mentioning that you eat meat is enough to make them angry at you. It is almost like they "know" you do. But, the moment you mention how much you like X or LOVE X, they get super angry at you and claim your trying to be an instigator.

Its not a lot of them that do it but a few I see have before.
We are all born Atheists, everyone of us. We are born without the Shackles of theism arresting our minds. It is not until we are poisoned by the fears and delusions of others that we become trapped in the psychopathic dream world of theism.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

Shadow Fox wrote: But, the moment you mention how much you like X or LOVE X, they get super angry at you and claim your trying to be an instigator.
How is that not being an instigator. If you know the person's vegan and you tell them that you love eating meat its equivalent to talking to a Christian and telling them how you love worshipping Satan.
She's beautiful...
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Shadow Fox wrote:
Twizelby wrote:-for every burger you don't eat I am going to eat two
LOL!
I love that one!

I wouldn't say it myself but its funny to me.

I noticed one thing that for some vegans. Even mentioning that you eat meat is enough to make them angry at you. It is almost like they "know" you do. But, the moment you mention how much you like X or LOVE X, they get super angry at you and claim your trying to be an instigator.

Its not a lot of them that do it but a few I see have before.
imagine going to a support forum for rape victims and telling them how much you love to force yourself on others. Comments should reflect the nature of the forum. If you have opinions that are contrary to the forum members, present it in a mature fashion.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics