Behold the future

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Twizelby
Diet: Vegan

Behold the future

Post by Twizelby »

Speculation: What does the world look like when robots can do everything faster and more efficiently than us? What will happen to economics? School? Food? Will we simply pursue hobbies? will no one be rich? will we incorporate bionics in order to process things ourselves? at what point are we no longer human?
Answer any or all. You don't have to be serious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz-kuA2m6UE
Shadow Fox

Re: Behold the future

Post by Shadow Fox »

You do know that it took them about six months to pre program all of those actions into the robot right? It can only repeat those exact same movements in that same room when all of the objects are still in its exact same place with it at its exact same starting point.

Robots right now have the intelligence of a fruit fly....a retarded fruit fly....a LOBOTOMIZED retarded fruit fly.

Including that one and the one that beats us at chess even more so. The worlds most advanced Quantum computer and A.I has the intelligence of a slug.
We are all born Atheists, everyone of us. We are born without the Shackles of theism arresting our minds. It is not until we are poisoned by the fears and delusions of others that we become trapped in the psychopathic dream world of theism.
Twizelby

Post by Twizelby »

First of all this is hypothetical, please don't patronize me.
I was more expecting that people would remember the video from a few years ago where Asimo fell down the stairs, this represents an advancement in locomotion that led me to the topic. Considering Moore's law it is not unlikely that machines will replace many of the jobs that are currently performed by humans.
From the first electromechanical computers of the 30's that filled an entire room to the first palm pilot in the 90's to machine nerve interface, humans are slowly becoming obsolete. Just take a look at the automotive industry when cars were built by hand to today where some dude in a t-shirt presses a button. <--this is hyperbole seriously don't patronize me.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Two words: labor unions. Unions don't like this kind of thing. This is a political issue, not a technological way.

Many countries already have laws mandating a certain level of human employment in factories. There are plenty of people doing seemingly unnecessary jobs already.

Inefficient as humans may be, they will make sure they always have jobs, because we support each other over companies saving money, or robots.
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

I wouldn't mind having robots take over menial jobs that people don't want in the first place. At least jobs would be created to program these robots.
She's beautiful...