[List] Vegan Super Heroes?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
5onic
Diet: Vegan

[List] Vegan Super Heroes?

Post by 5onic »

What are some Vegan Super Heroes?

Beast boy is one of them that comes to mind, but was recently changed to be vegan in the show teen titans, as well as the actor that plays him is vegan (I think).

What are some Super Heroes that can be or have vegan characteristics?

Super man, and cat women.

I'll add more later, :P

*Human heroes such as batman are counted to be super heroes on this list
Viktorius_the_Third

Re: [List] Vegan Super Heroes?

Post by Viktorius_the_Third »

Catwomen vegan? DAFUQ?
I'm vegan and love it.
But cmon cats eat meat! xD
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Viktorius_the_Third wrote:Catwomen vegan? DAFUQ?
I'm vegan and love it.
My guess is that he's referring to this:

http://voices.yahoo.com/anne-hathaway-b ... 96270.html

There aren't many vegetarian American superheroes as characters (and in canon), although the actors who play them are often vegan.

Superheroes are usually represented as an "everyman", so it's difficult for producers to make them vegetarian or vegan, since that risks alienating a lot of the audience. With characters like beast boy, there's a clear in-story reason, "Dude, I've been most of those animals!" and he's usually part of an ensemble (which helps).

It's getting less difficult now, but if you want to find vegan superheros, you will need to mainly look at superhero teams for token vegan characters representing that minority, or at characters who have a clear "excuse" to be vegan (as the audience sees it).

I'm not sure that characters who just don't eat count, since they're not making a choice not to eat meat.
DDDx8

Post by DDDx8 »

I remember reading somewhere that Superman is vegan or at least a few incarnations of him. It is because he gets his energy directly from the sun, so does not need to eat only doing so to fit in, and has a sort of connection to all living things, through his heightened senses, and so chooses not to eat meat and or probably animal products maybe.

Edit: oh you already have superman sorry I'm too tired to read but not enough to sleep. Ummm can we go to anime? are those still super heroes? Piccolo from Dragon Ball only drinks water. lol
To find the world of shoulds so one day others might not have to suffer like the people in the world now.
PrincessPeach

Post by PrincessPeach »

I've never heard of a super hero being called an out right vegan but I have seen more vegan food choices influenced on tv shows this decade than ever before. For instance, I was watching the adult swim version of Batman & Batman's butler came to him and said "I did not have time to make you supper" and hands Batman a big glass of 'orange' juice. (did not specify what was in the juice)
I was so happy to see Batman having juice for dinner!
Don't be a waste of molecules
5onic

Post by 5onic »

Hmm, actually it would be neat to see some anime characters if you know any that are vegan. Yeah, I guess super heroes is a thin subject, so it'll be neat if people expand. I personally don't like anime as much but I'm curious to see what kind of characters will be brought up.

I wrote catwomen because while the actor's vegan, and the character may not be written off as a vegan, but has a shot at being one. I figured I wrote her down because shes an animal activist.

Again, with superman. He's not really written off as a vegan, and in some parts of the comics he loves meat. However, with the idea of his character in mind you can pretty much think hes a vegan. (I know this all depends on the author)

Manbat had a 'vegan' dialog moment on son of batman where Slade captures his family during a dinner and notices their vegan meals, then further on stating how meat can make people savages or something similar of the sort.
Viktorius_the_Third wrote:Catwomen vegan? DAFUQ?
I'm vegan and love it.
There is surprisingly vegan cats and dogs, while I'm no expert in the subject; The oldest dog was on a vegan diet.