watershed moments

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Twizelby
Diet: Vegan

watershed moments

Post by Twizelby »

What are some moments in your life that totally changed your life or perspective for the better?
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Re: watershed moments

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Well id definitely say when I went vegan, and then years later when I realized I was an atheist. These two things have more than any other thing shaped me into the person I am today.
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Neptual

Post by Neptual »

One moment that changed my life was being introduced to the Foreign Exchange Market.

It allowed me create my own income while sitting at home in my pajamas.
She's beautiful...
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

Twizelby wrote:What are some moments in your life that totally changed your life or perspective for the better?
-Travelling with my parents for work, when I was young, in third world countries in Asia; seeing the misery and the poverty that was there really impacted my view of life.
-Playing my first PC game for the first time (Fallout 3); I've never played anything like that before, the only time I was watching this type of games was when I was at my friends' houses. Deciding to start playing on my PC brought me to find lots of friends, a lot of entertainment and skeptic communities on internet, that I otherwise wouldn't have met/found.
-Discovering the skeptic community on Youtube (that made me go vegan); I was already vegetarian at the time, but after watching some debates and presentations, I went vegan. It also introduced me to neuroscience.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Volenta
Master in Training

Post by Volenta »

• Finding out about the awesomeness of programming; finally discovered something I'm really good at. Without the passion for programming (or more correctly: software development, programming is just a part of it) that developed afterwards, I probably wouldn't have made it as far as I have now.
  • Discovering the awesomeness of reading books. (not really a groundbreaking moment, but it does mean much to me) I was never a big fan of reading, until I discovered some subjects that really interested me, which brings me to the third point.
  • Discovering the skeptical community, which helped me a lot in forming my personality. I've changed dramatically in 2 years, it's hard to think back on how I was before this discovery. This made me a humanist, atheist, (almost) vegan, liberal, skeptic, evolutionist, ...